“Delicious food and great service!!”

Cicero's On The Water
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Next door to Sunset Marine, on the old #7 Highway.
“Delicious food and great service!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my friend went for dinner I had the stuffed chicken supreme it was so good the chicken was so moist stuffed with ricotta pistachio dried cranberry's so yummy the vegetables were pretty tasty too. It was my first time at Cicero's but my friend had been here many times and loves it! She went with the maple curry penne that she raves about this was the third time she had ordered this dish. For desert we split the flourless tripple choclate cake which we thought was pretty good.
I wouldn't recommend going here if your just looking for a quick dinner, it takes time for chef to make that delicious food but leaves you with lots of time to chat, we came a little after 630 and were out at 830 but we also had tea and cake and chatted some after dinner.
I would defentley recommend this restaurant, they have something on there menu for everyone even gluten free options!

Dartmouth, Canada
“Felix Culpa”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Finding Cicero's quite by accident after a beautiful afternoon at the beach was a wonderful way to end the summer! My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed this unanticipated experience. Our waitress Joanne was charming and knowledgeable; the food was delicious and the wine recommendation was "spot-on." For a lovely culinary experience, try the seafood spaghettini, . Our sincere compliments to the chef and to all the staff - a "must-try"!

Dartmouth NS
“Great location, great food, great service”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

It should be 4 1/2 stars, but not an available choice. Trip Advisor asks if it was my best meal ever in a restaurant, no - but it was the best calamari I've ever had. The fresh focaccia bread was outstanding, as was my husband's Italian seafood chowder. My open faced haddock sandwich was pretty good - the fish was excellent, but the accompanying salad paled in comparison to everything else. Don't get me wrong - it was delivered exactly as described in the menu, but if I'd known ahead of time how well they do spicy, I'd pick something else. I happily recommend this restaurant to everyone, and especially to fellow Darmouthians wanting to impress out of town guests.

Montreal, Canada
“Nice find”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While visiting a friend in Nova Scotia, we came across this gem of a find.

The location of this restaurant was outstanding. Overlooking the lake while the sun was setting was breathtaking.

The decor in this restaurant was of a charming blue and white Italian Trattoria. It reminded me of seaside restaurants in Italy.

The server arrived with a very fresh and warm basket of focaccia and poured some balsamic vinegar and olive oil onto a plate for us to dip the gorgeous bread into. Lovely. We could have eaten another basket of bread but stopped ourselves.

We started off with a Warm Cabbage and Arugula salad. It was extraordinary. Absolutely delicious! This was probably the highlight of the dinner.

We then had calamari which was shown on the menu as flash fried with chili infused tomato sauce and lemon. I thought that it tasted more like a deep fried calamari that was then sautéed in a red sauce. There was not much heat to it (not sure where the chili was) and was a little sweet - but they may have been catering to a more conservative audience. It was not what I was expecting but again, pretty tasty.

For our main courses we had Lobster Carbonara Fettuccine and Lobster Ravioli. We shared these dishes. The fettuccine was perfectly cooked tasted homemade. The sauce was mouth-watering and light and they did not skimp on the lobster. It was wonderful. This was a dish that made me feel as if I were in Nova Scotia.

The ravioli was pedestrian. Stuffed with more ricotta than lobster. On the menu they showed that the dish was served with an "Aurora Sauce" which is typically a rose sauce made with béchamel, cream and tomato. The sauce however, was very sweet. Not what I was used to in a rose sauce. Again, not what I was expecting. This dish was a bit of a disappointment because of the over powering sweetness of it.

The dessert was a Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake. Need I say more? It was a thing of beauty.

In all, I liked this restaurant. It was a good little find for this area.

The staff were super friendly. I would definitely recommend this place for any occasion.

1 Thank JuicyTidBits
Halifax
“Lovely location, great food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here for lunch a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday. We were early (we'd been up to go to the Halifax market so breakfast had been early). Restaurant had just opened. Sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the view. The warm focaccia bread was delicious, service very good and our meals - a salad plate and a Panini were both superb. We'll be back!!!

• Visited July 2013