“Amazing”

Saltscapes Restaurant and General Store
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I took my elderly dad and my husband to Saltscapes for Valentine's Day (the night before) and all food was half price for seniors fifty five and older with the purchase of a drink. The portions were large, the service was fast and effificent and my dad, who is hard to please, raved about the fish cakes. There are nine sides of which you can pick two to go with your entree. The only down side was the atmosphere. The restaurant was bright and open and I like a more intimate atmosphere and privacy. We will be back, especially on Wednesdays!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to this restaurant expecting to be wowed due to the Saltscape magazine being one that often highlights high quality, unique culinary experiences and wonderful recipes. What a disappointment! They might say that it is down home type cooking - but then again maybe a well trained, talented chef can put together something much tastier than the traditional home made meal. The place itself is very commercial, no homey feel there, just the average large open room designed to service large volumes such as tour buses dropping in. They do serve large portions - but that certainly has nothing to do with quality. If you are looking for quality, visit some of the smaller more intimate places in NS, which you can find in the TA reviews for NS at the top of the ratings.

2  Thank kayakdover
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The general store has really fun eye-candy for the curious eye. The dinner was reasonably priced, but very heavy with sauces, cheeses, etc. I mean, it wasn't bad, but I think I would've enjoyed it more had the seafood been less covered up by non-seafood stuff.

2  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It's amazing reading good and bad comments on this restaurant but we ate there yesterday Aug. 17, 2012 and we loved it. We had the brunch and it was all yummy. Our server "Sally" was very sweet. We would eat there again. Maybe next time we can have the dinner or supper menu. We loved looking through the store but of course found the items more expensive than we could afford.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I do not know what has happened with this restaurant but we ate there a couple of weeks ago and it was the worst meal ever had...UGH! This place will not last long with the food that is being served there. Someone does not know how to cook!

4  Thank JMVHalifax_Canada