“Best Hamburger”

Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We managed to hit this place when it was empty. We were the only customers, which was nice because I understood that this place is generally swarming with people. We just managed to go inbetween dining hours.

We both ordered the burger and it really was the BEST hamburger I have ever eaten. There were other interesting items on the menu, but i am glad i choose the burger.

The restaurant is composed of long picnic type tables and there is an outdoor eating area as well.

The only issue was we found it difficult to park at the restuarant. Were not sure where parking ws allowed and where it was not.

Am looking forward to another meal at the Wildcat when i return to Yellowknife this March.
(Save up your coppers, no restaurants in Yellowknife are inexpensive)

3  Thank dody_9
There are newer reviews for Wildcat Cafe

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Another restaurant that was closed during our visit! Pretty annoying! Lots of ads in the tourist mags, but no indication of when it would be open.

1  Thank EJS64
Reviewed September 13, 2013

SInce we missed eating here the last trip to Yellowknife, we made a point this time. We arrived around 2 pm, in between lunch and dinner time; therefore, the menu was quite restricted. We ordered bison burger and whitefish. The food was excellent, fish was fresh and the bison was tasty. Side dishes included bannock, kale, fries, and fennel slaw. Really like the slaw and kale! Kale had some sort of lemon dressing, excellent! Total bill was $48 not including tip. Waitress was attentive, but there were only 3 tables at the time. A must for visitors but probably not worth going more than once.

1  Thank tinycoconut
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to try the Wildcat this year under the new operation of Thorntons, however it fell short in terms of service and food. The atmosphere was still enjoyable. I ordered a the soup after verifying it was in fact gluten free, the server wrote "no flowers" on the order (lol) and it came with a sliver of bread in the middle, therefore contaminating the entire bowl of soup. The service was unbearably slow, the salad with my soup was sub par, very tiny... Like a few scattered leafs and truly boring with few to no additions other than the lettuce. My dining companion ordered the beet salad... It was laughable the size of the teeny four little balls (marble sized)of goat cheese staggered around her plate. All in all, I had higher expectations under the operation of Luke Woods, but for YK it is passable. People will go there regardless as it is a famous landmark.

1  Thank Nwtnatalie
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was there in July with my family... We went twice and the food was delicious! Lots of flavor, well presented and I think the price it's very reasonable... Ice cold bear, view to the lake, awesome deck and the people working there are so friendly always with a big smile... I felt like home!

2  Thank Bruiseee