“Good Whitefish from the Lake”
Review of Wildcat Cafe

Wildcat Cafe
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Westmount, Canada
“Good Whitefish from the Lake”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Loved the fresh fish, cold beer, bannock, and overall NWT hospitality/style. Note that no restaurant is cheap in the North.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Canada
“My family and I enjoyed it!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a great meal there. The soup was delicious and the beer was ice cold and served in an old style tin cup! I had great service and loved my fish and fennel salad. Not sure why others had bad experiences but I know I didn't!

Visited July 2013
“I'm a local...not impressed”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't waste your money paying for the name or location...terrible service...minimal dinners...and someone compared it to Bullocks...well they offer a full plate of food that fills you up and a real northern dinner...certainly don't buy booze at the Wildcat...the prices are the only things wild...

Couldn't get a slice of raw onion because " the food wasn't prepared at the wildcat"...huh? Well...I guess they aren't really a restaurant then!

• Visited July 2013
Stratford, Canada
“Local Flavour”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

While Bullock's may be the "place to be" in town, the Wild Cat has more local flavour. The food is nothing to write home about but is decent home cooking and not nearly as pricey as Bullock's. After fishing most of the morning, an ice cold beer (and I mean ice cold) bison burger and fish and chips is all you ask for, then this is your place. For us a real slice of Yellowknife.

Visited July 2013
Yellowknife, Canada
“Ended up sick”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I'd give zero if I could. Nine of us ate there last week. We had some very important people in town on business and wanted to give them a Yellowknife experience. Our bill totalled over 500 dollars after a few pitchers and appetizers.

Three out of the nine, myself included, vomited multiple times that night, with presumed food poisoning. The other two were on flights and in airports when they got sick. What a Yellowknife experience. I just tried to call and complain and the number goes straight to voicemail with a full mailbox. I will never go there again. If you must, go there for an ice cream cone at the outside window and use the bathroom inside, then you get to see everything for 2.50 and not get sick!

• Visited July 2013