“Beautiful summer deck”

Ranked #35 of 77 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Monkey Tree is a large pub still restaurant with one of Yellowknife's popular dance floors. In the summer the patio explodes with life. Indeed it is one of Yellowknife's sunniest patios albeit adjacent to a very busy road.

We had a few beer, reasonable price for Yellowknife. The poutine was loaded with donair meat (east coast specialty) as well as tomatoes and onions and classic cheese curds. It was a bit heavy although we loved the addition of the tomatoes.

The leaning tower menu option was the traditional caprese salad but all stacked and reinforced with a sprig of rosemary. It was surrounded by balsamic and oil. My only complaint here was there was an inordinate amount of oil such that your mouth ended up being coated and I couldn't enjoy the basil as much as I would have liked.

Overall, I would eat here again in a mid sunny yellowknife afternoon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. With my mea I asked if it was possible to have vegetables instead of a salad or fries. Our waitress said she would check and quickly returned to advise my request could be met. I was really surprised when my meal arrived to see such a great range of fresh vegetables. When we recieved our bill I was shocked to see that I hadn't been charged any extra for my vegies. There is plenty of atmosphere and it is really busy on Wednesday Wing Night so get in early!! We enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much we decided to eat there again the following night and were just as pleased with our food and service as the previous night..

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to Sams Monkey Tree on Nov 9, 2012. Nadia the waitress was excellent. My Harvey Burger
with fries was also excellent. Stella on draft was excellent too.
The new Chef has made a huge difference, now I will go back more often.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Quickly. Undercooked food, twice in one sitting. I let them serve me a new meal of the same original order. Cold drinks. Server good.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stopped into the Monkey Tree for a late afternoon drink on the advice of a friend while visiting Yellowknife this month. We had a beer and a bloody caesar and the bill came to $16.00. Not cheap! But drinks tended to be expensive in Yellowknife. The pub is easy to get to and is surprisingly quite large inside with lots of tables. There are large screen televisions playing sports and news. A number of local people were bellied up to the bar. A few tables were occupied with people ordering food. A good watering hole I'd say if that's what you're looking for.