“Closed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Closed”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was across the street from our hotel, and had ads for it in the tourist mags, but it was closed!! It seems much of the restaurants were closed - Bullocks, Wildcat cafe, Le Frolic.
This was the first week of October. The locals must all take a break between the summer season and the coming winter season. Obviously not a good time to visit YK.

Visited October 2013

Yellowknife, Canada
“Meh....”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice atmosphere almost non existent service. The fod could have been good but somethings were over cooked and it just didn't gel as a whole experience. I want the dining out treat we deserve and it's lacking in YK in general and so a place like this that COULD be excellent just rests on it's laurels. Creme Brulee was awesome though.

Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Le Frolic- great cuisine okay service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

While a bit on the pricey side, the menu selection was great and our entire party enjoyed their entrees. We ordered the smoke Arctic char for an appetizer which was adequate for the four of us to each have a little sample. This appie came with a great herbed cream cheese and my only suggestion and some great crackers; my only suggestion would be to include a couple more crackers to make use of all the cream cheese. I had the Arctic Char entree that came with a sweet potato hash and both were very tasty and complimentary to each other. This entree was $30.00 but I didn't mind the price as the value was there and it's not a type of fish that you can even usually get in Calgary. The rest of my business colleagues also enjoyed their meals which included the BBQ cornish hen, the lamb and steak. The desert was a caramel and apple delicacy and it was fantastic. Extensive and expensive wine list and the bartender even had mint on hand to serve up some rum mojitos. Our server was new and polite, but not knowledgeable about the menu items and didn't make an effort to find out anything about them on our behalf so we winded up googling for information at our table. Service was also slow which may have been attributed to either a lack of servers or new servers and the restaurant was fairly busy upon our arrival. In fairness, we did not go upstairs to see how busy that area was which may have impacted our overall speed of service. Regardless of the speed of service, the food was great and satisfying and I would return on my next visit to the Yellowknife area.

Visited February 2013
“A great find!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent bistro food in a charming and relaxed atmosphere. Chef Pierre makes his presence known ensuring a first rate experience. Warm friendly staff and a good wine list!

Yukon
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I found this busy little place on my last night in Yellowknife & decided to splurge. It is pricey, but it was worth it. French onion soup was exceptionally good. I also had the pork, which was delicious. Peanut butter Cheesecake was sinfully good!

I did not have a reservation but was dining alone so I sat at the bar. Reservations would definitely be needed for a bigger party. The place was packed. Service was good & prompt. I never felt rushed or ignored.

I'll definitely return here next time I'm in Yellowknife.

• Visited February 2013