“Best fish and chips EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bullocks' Bistro

Bullocks' Bistro
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Yellowknife
“Best fish and chips EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

So we bit the bullet so to speak and went to Bullock's on the advice of quite a few locals here in Yellowknife. I am from the West Coast and was raised on salmon, halibut and cod, so I know fresh and I am picky. I ordered the halibut as it's my fave fish and I wasn't familiar with the Artic Char, etc.. My husband and I both ordered the same thing. The fish was SUPER fresh, cooked to perfection and the fries were crispy and just lovely. Know I can say that I had the BEST fish and chips EVER. My husband, who isn't a HUGE fan of fish, he likes it, but not as much as I do.. ok.. he LOVED it too! He is a big eater and he couldn't finish the massive portion. I am pretty sure we could split one meal and we'd both be stuffed to the gills (sorry for the fish reference). The staff is wonderful, the ambiance is WAY funky and fun. You can autograph the walls or the table, your choice, and they will provide sharpies. Yes it's expensive, but I have paid more for really badly prepared food in so called up scale places. When the food is that good, I don't mind paying more. Now that we live her... we will be back!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
“Theatre - and the food is pretty good too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Get here early. Its packed out by 18.00. Sit at the bar and chat to the owners who provide pure theatre. Locals are friendly too! Fish and meat are outstanding. A bit pricy but there aren't too many places like this.

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Expensive, overly rustic to the point of uncleanliness, poor quality meat. Not at all like the Bullocks featured in Arctic Air..... Another Cheers, where you are attracted by the marketing but disappointed by the real thing.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank barbintoronto
Calgary, Canada
“Over priced...but unique.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My brother had been and said I had to try it...so, try I did. It is a small and unique restaurant, walls covered with bumper stickers, personal messages and funny signs. I was a single diner and sat at the bar. The staff are very very relaxed, so much so those expecting a "fine" dining experience will be shocked. You are told to help yourself to soft drinks. Not a problem...cook was talking to everyone at the bar like you were family. Don't be surprised if you are asked what you're having from across the restaurant, again, those expecting a waiter with a white towel over his arm better think twice. This is an "experience" and I must admit it was fun. Price wise, way over priced for what you get. My orange crush was $5 and a typical fish and chips dinner with a side salad was $39. Now I'm not a huge fish fan so food wise it was OK. I'm glad I went to say "been there and done that" but I doubt I would ever be a return customer.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank dplimmer
Westmount, Canada
“Eclectic Unique Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is unique with a graffiti-style decor, in an aged "diner/dive" setting. It is super casual, where most of the locals seem to hang out. The food was okay-to-good, but not great. And like other restaurants, the [rices are NOT cheap.

Visited August 2013