“Second Time was much better”

Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #22 of 73 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Coyote's Bistro is the New Location for Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge which suffered a devastating fire. Location in their new Downtown location. Features a Daily $14 7 oz New York Steak Sandwich Special along with a Soup and Sandwich special as well. Local Great Slave Pickeral and Northern Game is on the menu as well as the Best Sterling Silver Canadian Beef and great Burgers and Wings. Nightly Specials along with a Great Tuesday Family night where kid's eat free off the kid's menu with purchase of an Adult Dinner entree. Also featured is our Epic Eggs Benedict (Arctic Char, Lobster, Classic and A nice Tomato and Basil one). Epic POUTINES and Coyote's own EPIC STUFFED POTATO SKINS. Delivery service is offered after 3 pm every day. Ed, Family and the Coyote's Crew are known for their level of service. Making Coyote's Bistro the perfect dining experience for Family and Friends alike.
Yellowknife, Canada
“Second Time was much better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Yesterday we went for a Coyote burger. We were happy with everything, service was great, burger was real good.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
calgary
“A rip-off!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Packed to bursting & very noisy, but it was a Saturday night! Food OK but over-priced. Some of our group had eaten there the night before & noted how the menu prices had lept by at least a third. Beer was astronomic!

Visited July 2012
Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
That is odd that you would call us a rip off as our prices are comparable if not cheaper than the two other bars around us. Our food prices have not been changed for 3 years and obviously no one noted the specials we offer in the lounge as it seems like you were there. Each and every day we have food and drink specials in the lounge. Ie. Burger and Bucket Mondays where you get 3 beers for $15 and a loaded coyotes burger with fries for $10. Tuesday we have Wings and Ribs for $7. As with Wednesday as well plus $5 Bloody ceasers. Thursday is our $10 Nacho and $5.5 Corona and Tequila. a good price when the norm for an import beer is 8-9 bucks. We do a $10 Loynge entrees on Fridays and $3 high balls as well plus cheap draft and potato skins. I appreciate your comment but please do some more research before you make a statement that we are a ripoff. Our portions are large and we are proud of our service. And we have a loyal following of guest who with agree to that. Please feel free to take it up with me of you have anymore comments.
Richmond
“Excellent family restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Yellowknife is overrun by restaurants and other hospitality establishments that have horrible food and service.The problem is, they dont care. Supply and demand.
Coyotes and Ed is different. The food is great and they do the best they can to make sure service is #1. the fact of the matter is you will certainly pay less for the same meals down south, but you dont have the same logistical constraints south.
Ed is extremely personable and his staff are great. The only negative is the speed. Time between ordering and getting your food is about 30minutes, tough when trying to entertain the kids, but once you get the food, the portion sizes and quality make up for it.
I would recomend Coyotes to any friends travelling to Yellowknife for a great meal

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Jay_&_Barb
, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your insight! We live to hear comments in our service from our guests as it gives us ideas of what to improve to make your experience better. I will strive to quicken the speed between the order taking and service of food. But please be aware that we cook and make most things from scratch and if there are numerous tables, it might hamper the speed. I am glad you like our portion size and quality. Thank you! Guests like you makes us strive harder to make your stay that much more pleasant each time.
Edward But
Proprietor
Yellowknife, Canada
“Personal Service and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love Coyotes! Me and my fiance go there regularly. They have an exceptional dinner menu and a great fast lunch menu too! People say they are overpriced, but I'd say the prices are pretty good for Yellowknife, where it's always expensive to eat out.
My fiance and I are getting married this summer and we are having the reception at Coyotes and I just know it will be a success thanks to people like Ed and Kim who keep bringing us back! :)

Visited June 2012
Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thanks for your review. I am happy you enjoy coming here with your fiancé and We are happy to serve you well. We know you will have a blast t your reception and we will help make it a night to remember. :)
Paris, France
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall, I'm beyond impressed with the excellent service that was given and the quality of the meals. The staff is humorous, and down-to-earth. Best food in town. In all the towns I have visited in my life through my business trips/vacations, I can sincerely say that Yellowknife blows them all out of the restaurant realm and I'm only basing this on my Coyote's experience.

Can't wait to come back!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Alexander K
Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you for your visit and your review. We are happy you were impressed by the service and quality. Like I tell my guests, "you come for the food and get entertainment as well.". Thanks and we hope to see you again next time you visit.