“Personal Service and Great Food”

Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coyote's Bistro is the New Location for Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge which suffered a devastating fire. Location in their new Downtown location. Features a Daily $14 7 oz New York Steak Sandwich Special along with a Soup and Sandwich special as well. Local Great Slave Pickeral and Northern Game is on the menu as well as the Best Sterling Silver Canadian Beef and great Burgers and Wings. Nightly Specials along with a Great Tuesday Family night where kid's eat free off the kid's menu with purchase of an Adult Dinner entree. Also featured is our Epic Eggs Benedict (Arctic Char, Lobster, Classic and A nice Tomato and Basil one). Epic POUTINES and Coyote's own EPIC STUFFED POTATO SKINS. Delivery service is offered after 3 pm every day. Ed, Family and the Coyote's Crew are known for their level of service. Making Coyote's Bistro the perfect dining experience for Family and Friends alike.
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love Coyotes! Me and my fiance go there regularly. They have an exceptional dinner menu and a great fast lunch menu too! People say they are overpriced, but I'd say the prices are pretty good for Yellowknife, where it's always expensive to eat out.
My fiance and I are getting married this summer and we are having the reception at Coyotes and I just know it will be a success thanks to people like Ed and Kim who keep bringing us back! :)

Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thanks for your review. I am happy you enjoy coming here with your fiancé and We are happy to serve you well. We know you will have a blast t your reception and we will help make it a night to remember. :)

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall, I'm beyond impressed with the excellent service that was given and the quality of the meals. The staff is humorous, and down-to-earth. Best food in town. In all the towns I have visited in my life through my business trips/vacations, I can sincerely say that Yellowknife blows them all out of the restaurant realm and I'm only basing this on my Coyote's experience.

Can't wait to come back!

2  Thank Alexander K
Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Thank you for your visit and your review. We are happy you were impressed by the service and quality. Like I tell my guests, "you come for the food and get entertainment as well.". Thanks and we hope to see you again next time you visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I decided to go for our 4th anniversary dinner. Nothing extravangant. We were tired and didn't feel like cooking. New to Yellowknife we decided to try Coyotes as we were walking home from work. Upon arrival we waited for about five minutes to be seated. Not overly long if the place was full. Alas it wasn't. Two people sat in the quiet restaurant directly in front of us. Three more had walked in behind us. Once seated the service was decent. We were promptly told the "special" cream off chicken soup and sirloin with veg for 27.99. I ordered a pint. My wife water. She ordered off the menu a striploin well well done with mushroon sauce. About 100ml for 5 bucks!! The soup was ok. Out of a can maybe? The main arrived about 35 minutes later. My medium rare chigaco style stripolin was pan fried and overcooked to well. My wife's striploin appeared to be as an undercooked blade steak. To fatty to be striploin. The veg was improperly cleaned. Severely overpriced for a under-inspiring poorly prepared food. $75.00 dollar for poor food....A Howling Booooooooo to Coyotes.

1  Thank PeopleCount
Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

I regret that you had a poor experience in my establishment. I would welcome you to come try it again at my expense if you contact me directly. Firstly though, we do not cook soup out of a can. I can tell you we cook everything from scratch. Especially our soups which I am very proud of. secondly We do not carry a sirloin steak so I do not ever recall having it as a special. And I can assure you as well we do not carry a blade steak. They are all Minimum triple A Alberta beef. Thank you for your review. But would like to invite you to discuss more about your experience and how to make it better.

Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Great restaurant - great place to have dinner with your family as well as watch the game with your buddies!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We went to Coyotes Steakhouse for a family birthday dinner last night and had a great meal. Very warm and welcoming Canadian hospitality to start plus colouring-in sheet and crayons for our youngest son. The sheet also listed the kids meals/drinks (including, as someone mentioned below, vegetables!).
We shared some medium spicy wings (they have 14 flavours!) which were nice and spicy. Then we had a variety of entrees including ribs, pickeral with greek salad and teriaki chicken. There was a wide range of beer available.
Our eldest son was given a free dessert for his birthday - baked alaska. We were given five spoons to share as our meal size was generous. The dessert was delicious! A memorable dinner and excellent service.