“Food good but nothing extraordinary but lots of it and fast and good service.”
Review of A Taste of Saigon

A Taste of Saigon
Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

In fairness there were only two of us dining and there was lots we didn't try. The dumplings looked very good. Woukd love to return with larger party to sample more things.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

While not a fantastic place to eat, the staff are very professional, but not overly personable. The food is good, and if you like spicy, they have some great choices. Two downfalls of this place:

1) The staff believe they are right in all matters - my dumplings were still doughy, but they refused to agree and would not discount the price or cook them further.

2) They push food out extremely fast, my meal actually came to my table within 3 minutes of my appetizer being served - by the time I got to my main, it was cold. Again, the staff did not see a problem with this.

In the future, I'll likely order to go, then I can warm up or further cook anything they serve inadequately. The food is good, but it seems their customer service needs work.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Love the food, service is good. Only catch is that the cashier is slow at the end of the lunch hour - put on another person just before 1:00. I have been late for work twice waiting in line to pay so I don't go for my lunch there any more.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Food is good service, very quick and price reasonable! Staying in Yellowknife for a few days found it hard to find decent places to eat. This one is worth it!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

You can't go too terribly wrong here. The food is good, the place is clean and service is speedy.