All reviews a great place to stay fitness room i highly recommend this hotel downtown core old town aurora viewing wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2018

I stayed 5 nights here in a one bedroom suite, which was really large. The kitchen, bathroom, and separate bedroom were all terrific and helped make up for some of the issues I had with my stay here.

The (locked) door to the adjoining room/suite let an amazing amount of noise through, to the point where after the first couple of days I spent most of my time in the bedroom where the bed was comfortable for sitting and the TV was great. It was just too awkward otherwise! I kept my drapes closed all the time because the view was not something I wanted to be looking at (an unused weed-filled lot with an ugly building!). Maybe the upper floors have nicer views? Also, cigarette smokers were allowed to stand around right outside the front entrance, which was pretty offensive to me.

Aside from that, I have no complaints about the bed and pillows and the hotel is very clean. The staff was friendly. But if I happen to find myself visiting Yellowknife again, there are a couple other hotels in the area that would be a better choice for me.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cathy F
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We were in the area for Aurora hunting in March 2018, so, for the most part, were looking for a clean place to rest. The hotel is conveniently located to the main attractions in town. It had a shuttle to the airport, however, still had to take a taxi to the airport as the timing did not fit my travel times.
What we did not like, and I see it in other reviews, is how noisy it can get, especially in the mornings. People upstairs and everywhere walking with their strong steps. I mean, I understand we had to wear huge and heavy boots due to the extremely cold temperatures outside, but still, paper thin walls and floors. After 2 days, I mentioned it at the front desk, and Manager offered to change rooms, which we did not want to because of the time to do so; so then, Manager offered to keep empty the upstairs room right above us. After that, the noise problem reduced, but still one could hear the corridor’s noise. The room was ok, comfortable beds and bathroom. We did not have problems with WiFi connection. For vacationing, I would choose another hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Newton G, General Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Capital Suites was close to everything we needed to see in Yellowknife. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite and other than it was a bit noisy being on the first floor, it was fine. The suite was clean and had lots of supplies that were refreshed daily. Close to buses and downtown. Staff was very helpful with our questions

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on the picture and that it has a free shuttle to and from the airport. What a mistake. The pics are very dated and does not properly reflect the property. I arrived and went to my room which smelled like cigarettes and had the window opened, I'm guessing to air it out? I had issues with my tv (audio only?? isn't that a radio??) and have called front desk 4 times to ask why. Not once did they answer. Yikes. Gonna head to the pub to watch the playoffs after this review as I can't in my room. The one star is for the shuttle.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2018

we stayed for four nights. Room was very basic, but lets face it you are out of a night viewing and around town of a day. We had a fridge and a microwave, so you can get by.
The major drawback was, no restaurant, so you had to go out to eat, minus 35 temperature.

Date of stay: February 2018