“Overall not bad, need improvement”

Capital Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Hong Kong, China
“Overall not bad, need improvement”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location isn't that bad though!
The room is clean, no smell.
We can hear someone arguing next to our room :(
When we asked for late check-out, the Asian-look guy didn't allow us to do so. We tried to ask the other guy, they accepted. It would help a lot if the hotel has this arrangement and I believe most hotels do.
We spent 3 nites there. We put the door tag requesting room cleaning, the trash bin was clean on the 1st day but not the 2nd and 3rd day. The towel that we requested to clean, no one took it away throughout our stay. Need improvement!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Housekeeper walked in without knocking, saw me turned around and never came back to clean room. Another day, emptied trash, made bed, left room -- no new towels novacuum. Front desk staff never smiles

Room Tip: Get one of the bigger rooms, standards are way too small.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Monterey Park, California
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was in Room 308 for one week to see the auroras and the room was quite clean. I usually judge a room by the clean white sheets and the bathroom. Both lived to my expectations. The lobby and registration area had a clean simple look. My room had a Keurig coffee maker. If you go downstairs, you have more of a selection like lemon tea and Starbucks. I supplied my room with those selections. I couldn't figure why my back started hurting and it was because of the chair in the room. It felt like I was sitting on wires. The chair needs to be reupholstered with a more cushiony bottom. There were 2 days where the room was only partially serviced. The trash was taken out, however the bed was not made on Wednesday and Friday. As far as convenience goes, the hotel is about five blocks from the center of town. Most of the restaurants and the one supermarket are downtown, so you do have to walk to get to any of them. Even though it was a non smoking room, I can still smell smoke from the 1st floor. They might consider leaving the non smoking floors on the bottom, and the smoking floors on top as "hot air rises". There is a free shuttle to and from the airport in Yellowknife.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Was in Yellowknife in October and June/July for work and they booked me into this hotel. Nice place that felt like a home away from home while there for an extended stay. I had one of the apartment suites and it was nice to have a separate living area. The bed was AMAZING! One of my coworkers is planning to buy that exact bed as he enjoyed his sleep that much. The internet was sometimes slow, but I'm not sure if that was the hotel's problem or the service in YK. Front desk staff are super friendly and willing to help out where they can. Rooms were extremely clean!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Simpson, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Room108 was clean, and bed was comfortable. Small fridge and microwave were added advantages, BUT the room was UNBEARABLY HOT even with a portable air cooling system going full blast all night. This is a problem that Management was well aware of, and a 10% discount off the full fare cost on a future stay was offered, but in my opinion is minimal compensation for such an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room that has a thermostat in the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My stay in Capital Suites was really comfortable, and homely. I am staying in a suite and it is really nice and big. We have a great stay. Trish is very helpful and accommodating. Despite some administrative hiccups on my side, she readily helps us to resolve the issue. Really appreciate her effort to go the extra mile. It will definitely be my stay for my next trip to Yellowknife.

Can't comment on the swimming pool as I have no way to check it out at -42 deg outside.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank You Vogaris for such a positive review for the Capital Suites Yellowknife. Yes we agree with you our 1 & 2 Bedroom suites are very comfortable & spacious which have full kitchens with 5 appliances, seperate bedrooms with a nice size washroom & a fair size livingroom space . We encourage all our staff to be accomodating & resourceful in any assistance they may offer to any of our guests at the Hotel, thank you for acknowledging one of our newest members to the staff Trish & how she was able to assist you during your stay at the Capital Suites Yellowknife. We have passed on your comments & thanked Trish for her assistance in helping you to resolve your issues. By the way we have no pool but do offer a small fitness centre available to all guests during thier stay At the Capital Suites Yellowknife. Again we Thank you for your review & we look forward to your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Capital Suites Yellowknife was great!
The staff were helpful and friendly, like arriving at someone's home, the rooms were top notch. The room and its amenities were as nice or nicer (and all in proper working order)..
The lobby also had a guest computer and a nice coffee maker, the convenience of this was also greatly appreciated.

Location wise:
For someone like me travelling in business trip, Capital Suites is a big plus, as I used to come back to my room between my meetings breaks,
The manager Ali Mirza & the front office staff were very courteous.

So, don't miss all of this :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for your enthusiastic review Hani l. The Management & Staff at the Capital Suites have been working hard on the cleanliness & guest service response that the guest receives at the Hotel. We believe our location works well for our guest's, just a 5 minute walk to downtown Yellowknife but away from all the downtown traffic & noise. It helps that all our rooms have some form of cooking appliance, our 1 & 2 bedroom suites have full kitchens & our standard/studio suites have a micowave.Some of our rooms have the small Kuerig coffee makers however we do offer a much larger capacity Kuerig coffee maker in the Lobby area which is available to all guests.For guests that prefer to not carry their laptops with them yes we do indeed offer a computer with internet access in our lobby & a small bar fridge, hope to offer more than one at some point. Again we thank you for your stay & review & look forward to your return Hani l.