“YKAprilstay”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Regina, Saskatchewan
“YKAprilstay”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

When I arrived at the hotel around 6 p.m. the room they first gave me was not ready. In fact I got to the room and the beds were not made, the fridge was wide open with some kind of spilled liquid in it and there was an ironing board and iron in the middle of the room. Clearly not ready for a customer. I then called down to the front desk and the person came up and confirmed yes the room was not ready and about 15 minutes later I had another room farther down the hall. Later in the evening I had to call about internet access as it had not been switched over to the other room I was moved to. The restaurant on the 3rd floor was nice but it would have been nice to have a glass of wine with my supper however they were just applying for liquor service and so no alcohol was available. The second night the bed had been made with the duvet cover next to the fitted sheet and then the top sheet on top of the duvet cover all tucked in nicely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Carol-ann C
Joey C, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Carol-Ann,
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Days Inn and Suites Yellowknife we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience here. We have discussed your comments with our entire team as opportunites for improvement.. Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the (867) 873-9700 ext 501..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

During April 2014 I stayed at the Days Inn in Yellowknife on two separate occasions, once for two nights and once for one. The location is very convenient, within walking distance of Old Town and all downtown attractions. The staff were very efficient and friendly. One of the reasons I chose the Days Inn was because they had an airport shuttle. The shuttle met my 10 pm flight and had an early morning pickup in time for a 6 am departure. For an afternoon departure I had to call a cab (approx. $15). The hotel rate does not include breakfast, but the hotel restaurant offers a very good breakfast.
One thing to be careful of: the first room I was given had a door to the adjoining room. You could hear every word next door and I had to switch rooms.
The beds were comfortable and the free wireless was fast.
It's worth mentioning that the second time I booked the Days Inn, it was a Hotwire Secret Saver selection. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jeffHalifax
Cindy R, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
HI Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review, we appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests.

We are sorry that a shuttle was not available when your required one. Our earliest shuttle pick up is a 5:50 am Monday to Thursday, I will ask to have the schedule reviewed for possible time changes, to better suit the requirements of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again, and next time you visit, please remind us at check in to update your profile, that you do not want to be assigned a room that has an adjourning door.

Sincerely
Cindy Rowe
GSM
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I found long waits at the front desk (just to ask a question or two) as a previous person mentioned due to the fact that only one person at a time working. Staff @ desk were trying to be helpful and accommodating but due to them being new and on their own they seemed a bit confused and frazzled trying to deal with people and having to answer the nonstop ringing phone..not their fault, this would point to the management :)
The towels would be changed every day if you wanted. The main issue I had was our carpet in room was never vacumned in the 8 days we stayed there and after coming in from outside with our winter boots on it was getting a bit gross. The carpet had stains and icky stuff in/on it already and probably needed deep steam cleaning or replacing. The bed linens were never changed in the 8 days we were in that particular room.
I must comment that one night about midnight there was a small group of high/intoxicated people outside our room causing a ruckus and when I called the front desk they dealt with it immediately and it didn't take long to quiet down, thank you :)

Room Tip: At least with a room on the front of the hotel you have a bit of a view. We were on the 2nd floor w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cindy R, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
On behalf of Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, I apologise for the cleaning issues you experienced while a guest at our hotel.

All levels of management, and all departments have reviewed your comments, we are embarrassed that we failed to meet your expectations.

Please contact us, and allow us to prove that we can do better

Cindy Rowe