“The place to stay in the Knife!!”

Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Winnipeg, Canada
“The place to stay in the Knife!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My team and I travel all over the Northwest Territories for business and we all agree that the Days Inn and Suites in Yellowknife is a favorite!! The staff are always pleasant and helpful. The rooms have been clean and comfortable. The location is excellent and parking is never an issue. The real draw here is the staff led by General Manager Ibrahim Neviri-what a great guy!! He will bend over backwards to ensure the guests are well taken care. There is nowhere else I'd rather stay when I am in Yellowknife...thank you to Ibrahim and his wonderful staff!! Keep up the great work...look forward to my return in August:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lori L
Ibrahim N, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Greetings Lori,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your stay with us. My Staff and I certainly appreciate your business and we look forward to host you again soon.Thank you very much for being a loyal Days Inn guest.

Ibrahim T. Neviri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The General Manager Ibrahim, is amazing. He goes above and beyond to make his guests comfortable. We came when renovations were going on and he is very excited to be offering his guests improved services. Honestly, I have never seen such great customer service. When you go you will meet him - he will likely speak to you over the front desk or in the dining room and you will be so impressed with his ability to connect and make you comfortable. He is what makes the difference here!

Room Tip: There is a difference between the rooms in the hotel and in the Suites building so be sure you let t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna T
Greetings Donna,

Thank you for your kind review and comments. It is a pleasure to read that our Days Inn Staff created such a positive experience with their service. It is what we work to achieve everyday with every guest. Again, thank you very much Donna and we hope to welcome you back soon to Yellowknife.

Truly,

Ibrahim T. N.
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just organized a meeting for our department that was held in the Commissioners Room at the Days Inn and Suites. From the moment I called about booking the space I recieved nothing but top quaility serivce from the hotel's friendly staff. Our meeting room was exceptionally clean, very well set up, and was perfect for our event.

I live in Yellowkife so I have no need for a hotel in town, but based on my experince there today I would not hesitate to recommend the Days Inn and Suites to anyone looking for a great stay in town!

Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ThomasdeBastiani
Dear Thomas,

Thank you kindly for your positive comments. It is always inspiring for all of us at the Days Inn when we read that the service we provide to our guests leave them with such a positive impression. That is exactly what we work and strive to achieve every day.

Ibrahim T. N.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Clean and the staff is very friendly. The manager is a really nice guy and will take care of your problem asap. The location of this hotel is amazing as it is right downtown and walking distance to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Graham154913
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

While the location was good, bordering between Old Town and downtown, I was disappointed in this hotel. When I arrived, the microwave was filthy from the last guest's exploded dinner. The kitchen sponge was also well-used and dirty, leaving me uncomfortable using anything in the kitchen. Then there other small issues such as wall scuffs and the fact that the bedroom closet door was off of its rails and leaning against the wall. The closet door issue was resolved by simply removing the door from my room.
It was also extremely noisy. With the Aurora tours coming back at all hours of the night, I was awoken with each guest's return as the noise carried from the stairwell, as well as from the outside.
Finally, this hotel is actually comprised of two buildings, with the suites being located across the street from the main building. This distance definitely makes visiting the gym that much more challenging during a NWT winter.
Had other hotels been available, I would have taken the option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OttawaJP
Ibrahim N, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the issue you had with the microwave cleanliness and bedroom door closet. Also, in regards to the noise complain with Aurora tourists, even though it is a citywide experience we are doing our best to minimize any noise issues by frequently addressing noise concerns to their group coordinators. Such way of communication we have found out is working very well. On a different topic, since your last stay in March 2013, I am glad to share this news with you that hotel has undergone major renovations and upgrades that have rectified many of your concerns already. Thank again for your feedback and we hope you will give us a second chance to stay with us. Should you have any special demand or preference, please do not hesitate to ask for myself, Ibrahim - hotel manager. My staff and I would be happy and privileged to serve your needs.

Ibrahim
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Trophy Club, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was on business in Yellowknife and was pleased with the location, walking distance from Old Town. This is your typical Days Inn. I was in room 416, one of the handicapped-accessible rooms, so I can't relay any details of a standard room. I visited the bar for a drink and an appetizer, but did not stay for dinner.

The hotel was NOT in the airport call center and my cell phone did not work right away, so for anyone staying here, get the details of the courtesy shuttle in advance...it runs to numerous hotels on a specific schedule and the schedule in the Days Inn website was not correct on my stay in May of 2013. The shuttle picks up just outside the revolving door from the main terminal.

The shuttle stops at the Explorer first, then Days Inn, so it's a short ride from the airport. Darrell was the driver both ways for me and was extremely friendly and informative about Yellowknife.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Old Town (east) end of the building are furthest from the elevator.
Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the incorrect shuttle information you encountered on the website. Our IT department will be alerted to rectify the error. Thanks again for the feedback and hope we see you on your return visit to Yellowknife.

Ibrahim