All reviews washer and dryer living room monkey tree laundry room bed was very comfortable upon check hotel is located great stay close to the airport aurora viewing walmart sofa furniture cons closet thermostat
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Stayed in a suite on this trip. No AC, and it was warm, especially uncomfortable on the first night as hot on arrival. Better the next couple nights after the room had cooled from windows open. Full kitchen if that s wanted. Bed fairly good. Hideaway couch not so much for sitting on. Chair also available. Large screen TV, but non in the bedroom which would limit parents after the kids are put to sleep on the hideaway. Not designed with electrical outlets easily accessible for electronic equipment. Bring a power bar. Toilet great for kids as low to the ground, but considering the number of mobility impaired people using this hotel as close to the hospital, a higher toilet would be better. Same with the tub/shower, with the high side tub needing step over would make problems. Lots of hot water, nevertheless. Common areas not that clean...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Darin R, General Manager at Stanton Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments, we use them to constantly improve the things we can as soon as we can.

Stanton Suites Hotel Yellowknife is in the process of refreshing the furnishings and adding TVs to all bedrooms in the suites, we hope to have this completed by the end of fall 2018. Come back and see us to see the progress.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I had never stayed at Stanton Suites before, but since this trip to Yellowknife did not involve meetings downtown, I decided to stay closer to the airport and “ the burbs”. I wasn’t disappointed. Good clean well run hotel. A real coffee pot in the room! And super helpful staff when I arrived but had to wait until the next flight for my luggage. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you Denise for taking the time to leave such kind comments, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have let the associates know how their hard work was noticed.

Hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Got a standard room with a locked door connecting to the next room. I can heard kids yelling, conversations, what was being watched on tv, in the next room! Extremely thin walls. People walking in the hallway was loud. All night every couple minutes, you can hear a loud fan either from the hallway or the vent near the door, like the wind blowing in the hallway! Needless to say, I didn’t get much sleep! The temperature control didn’t seem to work, extremely warm. The double bed was sagging in the middle but plenty of pillows. The room smelled weird. No...I don’t recommend staying here. It’s close to the hospital and the grocery store is just across the street BUT it’s too noisy.

Room tip: Don’t get a room with connecting door to next room
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Northerntravler_11
Darin R, General Manager at Stanton Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

I would very much like to thank you for taking the time to leave the comments. I can see that your room type was certainly not accommodating for your stay and wish that I had the opportunity to suggest the a different one as we have several.

I would like to have the opportunity to show you the experience you deserved, we hope to have this opportunity on your next trip to Yellowknife.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We just finished a three night stay here. We stayed in one of the two bedroom suites. It was very clean with a nice balcony and kitchen. You will need your own pots and pans though - unless one was hiding somewhere that I️ didn’t see. Even though it is on the edge of town there is a grocery store within walking distance and it is only a 3-7 minute drive into town. I️ would recommend renting a car if you are staying here - or you could always call a taxi - there were a lot in town. The staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were nice a soft. Enjoy your stay if you do decide to stay here

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Raquel I
Darin R, General Manager at Stanton Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Thanks Raquel it is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us, I always enjoy hearing kind word about the associates. Our associates really do try and go above and beyond for the guests.

I was surprised to hear you didn't have the pots and pans that are to be in all the suites. I will be sure to look after this in time for the next guest.

We really hoped you enjoyed your visit in Yellowknife, and should your travels bring you back to our great city we hope you will stay with us again. (I'll make sure you can find the pot n pans).

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Although it is not in the downtown area, necessitating a $12 or so cab ride, we chose Stanton Suites for our 4 night stay because it advertised having a kitchenette. In fact, I've lived in smaller apartments; we had here a large living room, a large bedroom, and a full kitchen. Location is handy to a very large supermarket, so we were able to self-cater half of our meals while in Yellowknife. Decor shows some age, but that was superficial; everything worked fine, we were toasty in -35C weather, and the front desk staff were genuinely friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul1947
Darin R, General Manager at Stanton Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, I have already shown this to the associates as I knew it would brighten their day.

Nice to see you took advantage of the kitchen suite, and with the grocery store across the parking lot adding to the convenience.

Hope the rest of your time in Yellowknife was great, also hope we get the opportunity to host your next stay in Yellowknife should the opportunity present itself.

Warm Regards,