“Good Breakfast”

Dancing Moose Cafe
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy the ambiance of Old Yellowknife. In summer, dine outside on Yellowknife Bay under the midnight sun. In winter, inside, while checking out the Northern Lights. We are licensed, offer premium coffees & desserts, breakfast, lunch and supper. Open Tuesday to Sunday, 9 AM TO 9 PM.
Houston, Texas
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The breakfast here is very good. Had the omelet a few times and it never disappointed! I also tried the waffle and it was good but not as good as the omelet. The owners are very friendly and nice. I did eat dinner here one night and had a burger. It was good and as was the fry's that came with it. I would eat breakfast here again the next time I am in Yellowknife!

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
tripletoes
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We ate here twice. First time was fantastic - great food and presentation (bison burger and omelets ordered). Second time smaller quantities and not as flavorful. Their coffee could really use an upgrade as well (kind of cheap diner tasting). Great view of the lake, lots to watch with kayaks, canoes and other boats going by. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Visited June 2014
Yellowknife, Canada
“Great for brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I absolutely LOVE going to the Moose for a lazy, leisurely brunch on the weekend. It is always delicious and the staff is great. The views from the dining room can't be beat, in winter or summer. Great place to enjoy a meal in Yellowknife!

• Visited March 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
“Bad food, bad service”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I recently went to this restaurant and was not impressed. The food that I had was average at best and not worth the price I paid. I ordered the whitefish with the sauce on the side and I am very glad I did. The sauce was horrible. It was basically liquid warm mayonnaise with capers. I did not eat it. I also had the bruschetta and the toast was burnt black. I could not eat it.

The server came over once to see if everything was good but that was it. No refills on tea or coffee or water.

I would not recommend going here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Elecis
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great service and excellent food”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nice people working/running this restaurant :) Excellent food and a smashing view out the front windows of this place. We loved the atmosphere...an old house. It was like sitting in a friends house having a good meal! Yummy cinnamon buns to.
Our only complaint is that it's so popular you can wait awhile to get a seat sometimes :) :)

• Visited March 2014