“Very Nice little niche restaraunt”
Review of Dancing Moose Cafe

Dancing Moose Cafe
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the ambiance of Old Yellowknife. In summer, dine outside on Yellowknife Bay under the midnight sun. In winter, inside, while checking out the Northern Lights. We are licensed, offer premium coffees & desserts, breakfast, lunch and supper. Open Tuesday to Sunday, 9 AM TO 9 PM.
Cochrane, Canada
“Very Nice little niche restaraunt”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Debbie you offer some great breakfasts. Nice work with the upgrades. I like the bright airey feeling and clean concepts.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great atmosphere, need a real chef”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere and the service is not too bad. If they had a real chef and flavor in the dishes, this place could have the potential to be the best in YK

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Cute little place with view of floatplanes taking off on the water”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I were part of a group of about 20 who dined here for dinner one evening during our convention (the restaurant was reserved exclusively for our group). Our organizers had arranged for us to have a choice of 3 dinner options to choose from: bison steak or whitefish or chicken. My husband had the bison, I had the whitefish. Both were okay, nothing special. I liked the rice that came with the fish. I think they had a bit of a tough time getting all our plates to us hot. There was a large array of dessert items and all were delicious and home made. The server told us they do an afternoon tea there also. Staff were pleasant and accommodating and the restaurant had a cozy/quaint atmosphere. There was a small assortment of nice gift items for sale. Our group had cocktails outside before dinner and it was neat to watch the float planes take off. If you go, make sure to check out the recycled glassworks shop across the street. Very nice and unique glass wear items made from recycled bottles!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank BahiaDelray
White Plains, New York
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I found the Dancing Moose online and thought it was just open for lunch to those who are not staying at the B&B. I went for lunch on a Sunday and the food was really good - all homemade with very fresh ingredients. I found out that they serve breakfast and lunch everyday and dinner Weds-Sun. I went to Dancing Moose 3 times during the 5 days I was in Yellowknife. The food really was great and a charming dining room with pleasant staff.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Penny I
“Nicest atmosphere in Yellowknife”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Recently visited for a work dinner and a personal breakfast. Food was fabulous both times (french toast was a little better than my dinner of fish). Service impeccable. They did a wonderful job of hosting our work group, even making us a fire outside and serving us coffee and drinks fireside until 1030pm. Apparently it is also a B & B and by the looks of the restaurant I'd be keen to try out the accommodation side.