“Nice motel for its class, but lighting way too dark in the rooms”

Super 8 Yellowknife
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I spent three nights at the Yellowknife Super 8 during two stop-overs between Toronto and Cambridge Bay. I was absolutely delighted with the both the staff and the accomodations.

When I first came through the door, Melanie greeted me by name (I was the last guest to check in that night) and was extremely kind, friendly, and helpful. I later met the manager, Deborah Hudson -- working a rare over-night shift -- and she was an exceptionally delightful person.

The rooms were very clean, the beds and linens were very comfortable, and the staff were excellent.

My seat-mate on the flight from Toronto was a pest-control man, and he provided me with a great deal of information on how to check for cleanliness in hotels. I went through his check-list in the Super 8 (and after that conversation, will ALWAYS go through his check-list), and everything was perfect. I later spoke with Ms. Hudson about bed-bug concerns, and she provided me with full details of the pest-control plan at her motel. I am entirely confident in the cleanliness of the Yellowknife Super 8.

I have seen from other reviews that people have commented on the persistence of the house-keeping staff to clean the rooms in the morning, and to have people check-out on time. I, too, experienced this during both of my departures, but I simply called the front desk to advise that I would be staying a few hours beyond the check-out time, and they were very accommodating. The cleaning staff were very kind, thorough, and clearly dedicated to their work.

I give this motel my highest recommendation. Should you stay there, please give my best to both Melanie and Deborah ;-)

Riali Johannesson (Toronto/Rankin Inlet)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Super8Yellowknife, General Manager at Super 8 Yellowknife, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Super 8 Yellowknife on TripAdvisor. Your comments will be shared with both staff and management. We look forward to your return visit.