Coast Fraser Tower
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Explorer Hotel(Yellowknife)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastfull kitchenapartment buildingstarbucks coffeeliving roomstay there againlaundry facilitieslarge loungeslow internetyogurthard boiled eggslonger staybest betpots and pansbig roomin towneasy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for 3 night last month, very happy that I decided to go with this place. Stayed in a 2 bdrm suite that had plenty of space with a full kitchen. All staff were super friendly and service was always great. The only thing I hope they are able to fix one day is the range of the wifi. Worked ok when I sat closer to the entrance of the suite but once I was in either of the bedrooms I couldn't pick it up anymore. Other than that I was very satisfied with my stay and I will return the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Boomstar
ctravis50, Director of Sales at Coast Fraser Tower, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Boomstar,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write the TripAdvisor review. We truly appreciate you assisting others when making their choices for accommodations when visiting the city of Yellowknife.

I'm glad you found your suite to be spacious and comfortable and I truly hope it exceeded your expectations.

At Coast Fraser Tower we pride ourselves on how friendly and helpful all our staff are and they are always so pleased when they receive such positive comments.

Thank you for your comment on our wireless internet, we have been attempting to find a way to ensure that the connection is strong throughout the entire building however it has been noticed that the signal strength can be quite low in certain places. I will ensure this is spoken about with our maintenance personnel and hopefully we will be able to fix this soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel with nice rooms. Rooms had a balcony, big windows and great views. We had 4 people and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which had a kitchenette which we found to be extremely spacious and perfect for our needs. The free gym was also handy. The reception staff gave us good tips for seeing the northern lights. The location was within a few minutes walking to downtown. It made our stay at Yellowknife very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Luke1612249,

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. We truly love to hear how much our guests enjoyed their stay and how you found our ambassadors to be helpful as well as our hotel suites spacious and complimentary services to be quite useful.

I hope your trip from Australia to Canada was everything you hoped it would be and we can't wait to have you on your next visit to our beautiful Country.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel after travelling all the way from Australia. The thing that stood out the most were the amazing staff. We have done a fair amount of travelling over the years and found them to be as good if not the best we've ever encountered. Always helpful, always friendly and always accommodating. We hope we get the chance to return to visit Yellowknife again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ctravis50, Director of Sales at Coast Fraser Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much Roo330 for your fabulous TripAdvisor review. We truly love to hear how wonderful the staff are at Coast Fraser Tower and how we exceed our guests expectations in that department.

We all pride ourselves on our customer service and we are all so happy when people are truly amazed at how friendly we all are.

We were so happy to welcome you to stay with us and we also hope you can come to stay with us again. Learning about our guests and the different lives and experiences they have when coming from a different city, province, country or continent is always something we find truly enjoyable.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or future reservation requests.

t.travis@coasthotels.com

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Myself, hubby and our cat were staying in the Coast Fraser for just over a month back in July/ August 2013. We had a nice and clean 1 bed apartment on the 6th floor with the view of town. The apartment was well appointed, had a balcony and all the amenities including a kitchenette (very basic kitchen utensils but I believe they provide you with all you need if you ask). The place was kept rather clean, however after couple of weeks I've noticed the dust gathering on the furniture, bed frame etc which suggests they are not very thorough when cleaning (you wouldn't notice it though on a normal, shorter stay). The bathroom was getting very steamy after showering which could be a nuisance. Having a pet in the room proved a bit stressful at cleaning times as the cleaners often left the apartment door wide-open to easily move in and out for their supplies. I ended up waiting for the cleaner each morning to make sure the cat doesn't escape through the door. They do have a policy that pets should be in a kennel/ box whenever the owner is not around, but it seemed too harsh for my quiet and well behaved kitty to be left in her travel box for couple of hours. I spoke to the front desk but they couldn't offer any other solution at the time. The breakfast included in the room rate was adequate and always fresh, but it was a cold buffet only and proved to be quite boring and limited after couple of weeks. The staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. They did end up overcharging us for the stay, but we got credited back after couple of weeks and filing complaint through their website (part of their process). I was quite disappointed that they only offer you up to 500 Aeroplan points after your stay, maybe they could look into it. Apart from couple of minor things I mentioned above, we had a very good and enjoyable stay and would gladly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room on higher floor if available
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ctravis50, Director of Sales at Coast Fraser Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello Justine28,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the TripAdvisor Review.

I do remember the overcharging problem and I am quite sorry that happened, however very pleased we were able to correct the issue. If you ever choose to stay with Coast Fraser Tower in the future this can now be handled directly through our Front Desk Manager, generally a phone call with a back up email and the problem will be solved quite promptly.

I apologize you found our cleaning practices with animals in the room to be quite stressful. It is our policy to keep the guest doors open during cleaning to ensure we know which rooms the housekeeping attendants are in and in order to ensure their safety, unfortunately this does require pets to either be with their owners at that time or secured within a kennel to ensure they don't run off. I'm glad you were able to stay in your room with your kitty during the cleaning times.

As mentioned our continental breakfast is served cold, we are in the process of trying to figure out a way to spruce this up. Unfortunately Coast Fraser Tower does not have an in-house kitchen and as such we are unable to provide a hot breakfast. We do however cater dinner in Monday-Thursday evenings from 6 - 8 at an additional cost.

Not only does Coast offer Aeroplan points however we do also provide guests with Coast Rewards points ($1 for $1 spent in the basic Silver membership, although not eligible for monthly rates) as well as Alaska Airlines points.

Thank you again for your lovely TripAdvisor review. We do enjoy that other potential CFT guests can read all past guests experiences.

Please let me know if you have any other reservation requests in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here for a Sunday night in late October.

The hotel appeared to be well run, quiet and the staff friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
My room was very large – apartment style (way more room than I needed for one night).
It was well appointed and clean.
The hotel also offers a complimentary buffet style breakfast starting from about 06h00, which I didn’t have a chance to try because I had an early flight to catch. However, it does not have a restaurant.

Comments: The hotel is located in a residential area of town, which is about 10 to 15mins walk from the downtown core. Normally this would not be a problem, unless the weather is bad. Also, most restaurants in Yellowknife appear to be closed on a Sunday evening. However, Boston Pizza is open and serves good food and beer at reasonable prices.

I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Blue_Quill

Thank you so much Blue_Quill for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this TripAdvisor review.

It is lovely to read that you had a good stay at Coast Fraser Tower and you would consider staying with us again.

If there is anything I can do to help you plan your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again.