“A great birthday dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thornton's Wine & Tapas Room
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A great birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our evening. The four of us shared a number of the tapas dishes so we could all order dessert! The lemon pie was excellent but the winner was the chocolate ganache was the hit! We recommend!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Nonnaopa

Alberta, Canada
“Not worth the hype”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I took my family out for a fancy family dinner. After reading many high reviews about this restaurant we decided to give it a try. After waiting an hour and a half after placing our order we were surprised to see how small the portions were. There was only one other couple in the restaurant at the time. Prices were extremely high for the quality. We will not be returning. Customer service was sub par and the place was freezing cold. Our suggestion would be to give this place a miss.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bigBADwilly
Perth, Australia
“Excellent food, questionable service & value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've now been 3 or 4 times, with my wife or with business groups. I've always enjoyed the food, although I haven't been able to find any Tapas on the menu. Being in a corner of a shed out the back of downtown, it always feels crowded to me. I like my space. They have had high turnover recently and service has been from poor to terrible - hopefully it is building back up now. I'd probably rate it one step higher if prices were about 75% of what they are.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bigmuz12
Yellowknife, Canada
“Some of the best food in Yellowknife but very small space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been here several times and it has always been very good food. Earlier this week I was there with a large group and no one had any complaints about the food. We sampled just about every appetizer and a few of us had entrées. I had the bison and it was great!

The only downside is that when the place is really busy it is virtually impossible to move or hear anyone talking. The service can be very slow and some of the servers are a little rude but, living in Yellowknife, I have come to expect very high prices and poor service.
The lack of space does deter me from agreeing that this is the #1 restaurant but I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Rob4562
Whitby, Canada
“Wonderful surprise in Yellowknife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

A group of colleagues and I went out for tapas and wine earlier this week at Thornton's and we really enjoyed the experience. The outside of the place is misleading, but inside the atmosphere was very nice and upscale. We had every tampas dish available and they were all delicious. We doubted the "fresh" oysters would be up to snuff, but they were great too. The cheese plate was excellent as well. The wine list was extensive - a little pricey, but hey, you're in Yellowknife not Avenue Road in Toronto (it takes extra $ to ship wine that far).

If you're in Yellowknife, this is definitely a nice spot to go.

1 Thank Kirk F