“The best tour for aurora viewing in Yellowknife 在觀看極光的最佳旅遊團”

North Star Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Yellowknife! We offer a number of fun, exciting and interesting summer and winter Day Tours and Packages. Our specialty is our Aurora Hunting™ tours! As a 100% First Nation's owned tour company, we take great pride in showing our guests our homeland and sharing our culture and stories from the old days. All of our guides are Aboriginal and from the area. Our primary guide Joe, is First Nation's he is a descendant of the true Yellowknife's Dene, he grew up in the Great Slave Lake area, he knows the history, the places and people of Yellowknife, he knows Yellowknife and he is always happy to share his stories with you. If you are looking for a smaller, more personal tour experience with a local First Nation's tour company then North Star Adventures is for you! We look forward to having you on our tours! :)
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Experience, nice and patient tour guide. Joe has excellent aurora hurting experience. While the third day for aurora viewing, he catch the best moment and place for aurora viewing. Although there is only an hour, we saw a wonderful scene and took a most wonderful photo.

經驗豐富,漂亮的病人導遊。喬具有良好的極光傷害的經驗。雖然極光觀看的第三天,他趕上最好的時刻和地點極光觀看。雖然只有一個小時,我們看到了精彩的一幕,拍了最精彩的照片。

2  Thank kennethwan

Reviewed March 23, 2013

North Star Adventures helped make our dream vacation to Yellowknife a trip of a lifetime. Joe's enthusiasm for the "Aurora" (northern lights) is infectious. We kept going back for additional Aurora hunting nights. I enjoyed listening to Murray, the bus driver's stories while driving to the Aurora sites. I suggest you sit at the front of the van and ask questions; he is a wealth of information. Joe's pride and knowledge of the Dene People was evident while we participated in the Aboriginal Tour, scrumptious Dene meal, and observing the Hand Games Championship. Joe meet our needs in a courteous and professional manner and was always on time to pick us up. He was able to make changes to our schedule to enhance our experience. With his outstanding photographic ability he captured so many memories. I will not forget the line, "cheese and crackers that was amazing!" Joe, you were what made our northern experience amazing. Thank you.

2  Thank Brenda_S737
Reviewed March 22, 2013

It is easy to understand why North Star Adventures is the number 1 tour company in Yellowknife according to this very website. Based on the reviews I found here I decided to give it a go when I went to YK myself. Joe is a top notch guy who loves what he does and does his best to make your tours pleasant, whether showing you the city or Aurora hunting. Had a great experience and I am definitely coming back during solar peak period. May August come!

1  Thank ern_junior
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went on the Aurora tour with North Star Adventures and I had a really great time. Our guide was Joe and he is certainly an interesting individual. He's a big tall guy with a sense of humor, tells good stories, makes some good jokes and is very friendly. He even said he can greet his customers in 17 languages!!! I'm impressed with his linguistic skills! Kudos to Joe!

Tours typically starts around 10:30pm, where the bus will pick you up and be done with the run around town about 11pm. Heading out to the lake take about 30 minutes, so we arrive at the venue at about 11:30pm. The first 3 nights were really cold. It was -30s, so we waited in the bus until the light show took place. Joe treated us with some Cdn maple cookies and smoked Arctic char while we waited. We had some amazing light shows on the first 3 nights and we have mother nature to thank for that!!

Overall, I had a fantastic time and would go with North Star again in the future. I would also recommend them to friends and family with total confidence. Thank you Joe!!

2  Thank Vincent N
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Joe was an amazing tour guide. Being aboriginal, he knows all he best places to go and never tires showing his guests the very best Yellowknife has to offer - thanks to Joe I had the most amazing experience of my life - we saw the most breathtaking aurora borealis at Lake Madeleine and recommended the pickeral at Bullock's Bistro - both euphoric experiences

1  Thank Laurie B