“started poor - ended well”

Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Quesnel, Canada
“started poor - ended well”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My sister had done our reservation, and on arrival the rooms we were given were not the same at all (2 king suites reserved). We were not told on booking that there is NO parking for the hotel....except on the street at meters (although the visitor centre will give you a 3 day exemption pass for the meters) and this was a huge issue for me. The young man at the desk when we checked in was pleasant but did not in any way try to rectify the problems. However...the next day a new person at the desk saved the day by finding me a parking pass, and adjusting our room. The hotel is clean, the cleaning staff very pleasant. If Susan is at the desk I bet you will be problem free! However, I did ask to speak to the manager regarding the issues and he never responded to my request which I thought was a bit poor - I guess he assumed Susan would handle it - however since it was him my sister had spoken to when she phoned to reserve I thought it would have been good to speak with him! We happened to be there for 4 nights during a very warm spell & thankfully there are few portable AC units - I hope they get more of them. Our 1st room was very small & 1 tiny window so we would have been miserable, but Susan arranged for us to be moved to the style of room which was on the reservation so it was much better. The downtown location was only mildly noisy late at night at it was minimal - worth a bit of noise to be so convenient to many things...including the fabulous visitor centre, museum & walking trails. Didn't eat in the restaurant affiliated with the hotel - but ate in the bar & it was good...bartender very pleasant.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the room you reserved! Be prepared if you have a vehicle, even if you get a pass to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan822
Scott S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very happy to hear that we were able to turn around your stay.

We feel that it is important to empower our associates to make important decisions. Sue and Bryan (the bartender) are valued members of the team here at the hotel. Both Associates are good examples of a customer service champion. Each quarter, the hotel awards the "Associate of the Quarter" Prize. Your positive input is valued and will be considered when selecting the winner.

Thank you for staying with us. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is value for money when staying at yellowknife. Despite a last minute booking, I got a discounted/very valuable price. The staff is warm and hospitable. The rooms are clean and spacious. The location is good. Infact it was great for me as I was on a business trip and and work location was hardly a 5 minutes walk away. There is a mall closeby. It gives a half fee access to a closeby gym. This is something different from the other hotels that I have stayed at across different locations. It has one all day dining restaurant and provides nice snacks for dining and take and go. Very modern hotel and understands the needs of the resident very well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank atishay78
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback on your recent stay. We feel that offering a good quality product at a reasonable price is essential in obtaining customer/guest loyalty.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Both positve and negative feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing The Yellowknife Inn. We look forward to seeing you again.
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was on a business trip to Yellowknife, NWT, Canada in June. I stayed at Yellowknife Inn. The location was convenient and hotel in general was was good - outside clean, lobby clean, rooms very clean. The rooms do not have AC but 99% of the time the temp is not hot enough to warrant AC.

I was there for three nights nights. When I was packing to leave I overlooked my laptop computer that I had laid in a black side chair. My laptop was in a black cloth case and blended in with the chair. I did not realize I had left my computer until I had gotten back home in Georgia - USA.

Long story cut very short - housekeeper had found my laptop, took it to the housekeeping supervisor where it was secured until I was able to provide them with shipping info.

Thank you Marlene and Amy. You all were awesome and I cannot express my appreciation of your actions enough.

I doubt I will ever get back to Yellowknife but rest assured if I do I will stay at Yellowknife Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank skyguy40s
Hello

I am happy to hear that you were able to get back you laptop. Both Amy and Marlene are valued associates here at The Yellowknife Inn. Like many of our associates, they continue to make a positive impact on a daily basis.

I would like to thank you for submitting your review. I had the opportunity to read your review out loud during our last associate meeting. This had a positive impact in the meeting that included a round or applause for both Amy and Marlene.

If you do come to Yellowknife in the future, we hope to see you again.

Have a fantastic day.
Gatineau
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The only bonus about this hotel was that it was close to where I needed to go. This was not a good experience...I needed a hard wire connection for my computer - they told us they had it - I got there and they didn't. When asked about parking, I was told to find a meter out front! I get to my room and had not remote control or telephone; no air conditioning; noisy - people banging on doors and slamming doors all hours of the night. Many intoxicated people roaming in and out and around the front of the hotel. I tried to do an early check out because I had an early flight out in the morning...all I can say is DON'T DO IT. They totally messed up our bills and the young guy at the counter brushed us off as if we were being unreasonable.

Positives - the housekeeping staff and Jeff (I think that was his name) were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Samtraveller70
Hello

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at The Yellowknife Inn. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have made several changes to reduce the amount of noise associated with the opening and closing of doors throughout the evening. We will once again take a look at these changes to ensure that we are eliminating as much noice as possible.

We have recently gone through staffing changes at the front desk. The associate that was helping you at the front desk was in training at the time. I can let you know that the associate is still working with us and has received several comment cards recognizing his good customer service skills.

Yellowknife is a small northern community with social issues. Unfortunately we are not the only hotel that experiences these social issues. We do have on site security. The safety and security of our guests are our main priority.

I would like to invite you to stay at The Yellowknife Inn during your next visit to Yellowknife. Please feel free to contact me directly. Have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good place to stay, clean, helpful staff. The free shuttle is definitely an asset.
Just one bad thing: I forgot my phone there, and called them right away to know if they could send it back, and at what price. They said they could do it, no problem, no cost associated. 2 weeks after, I called them back, they said they forgot to send my phone. One week after, I called again, and only there did they tell me they needed my credit card number. I wouldn't have mind paying if they told me from the beginning, but after a month! So I just got a new phone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Str_esther
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello

Thank you for choosing The Yellowknife Inn. I am very happy to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us.

I would like to apologize for the delay in getting your phone to you. Please feel free to contact myself as I would be happy to reimburse any expense associated with shipping your phone to you.

Have a great day.
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just got back from Yellowknife yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts on the Yellowknife Inn. Great location, good parking. Doors are thin and you hear people talking and walking down the halls at all hours. The doors slam shut so you have to listen to those as well. The hotel was clean, but wouldn't stay there again, because of the noise levels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello

Thank you for taking the opportunity to offer your feedback in relation to your stay at our hotel. We are making several changes and creating initiatives in order to reduce the noise that our guests experience while in their room. We have had several positive comments from our repeat guests in regards to these initiatives.

I am hoping that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again. I am hoping that you will the opportunity to experience these positive changes during your next stay with us.

Have a fantastic weekend.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 11, 2013

From the first minute we stepped into the hotel lobby, the staff proved to be very accommodating and helpful. We were too early to check in as it was only 9:30 am, but we dropped our bags in a secure area, and the desk clerk pointed out several things we could do and see around town while waiting for our rooms. The rooms had queen beds in them with very comfortable mattresses. The outside temperature hovered around minus 30 degrees celcius so the room was hot when we arrived. Simply tunring down the thermostat corrected the problem in about two hours. Great location downtown. Affiliated restaurant was a bit slow in service but the food portions were HUGE!

Room Tip: Try to get at least the third floor to eliminate the noise from below.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ego10
Hello

I am very happy to here that you had an excellent stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the City of Yellowknife. I am also pleased to here about your positive experience with our associates.

I am hoping that you will have the opportunity to stay with again in the future. I would love the opportunity to say hello.

Thank you for your kind words. Have a good day.