All reviews growing pains rooms are spacious beautiful hotel coffee maker big lobby steam room and sauna separate review large hotel decent exercise room airport shuttle eat somewhere else short walk from downtown deep tub conference room king room legislature building bathroom sink
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

The hotel itself is wonderful as it is very modern with some nice amenities. I was in a room with 2x King Size beds which was spacious but a little warm despite turning the thermostat to zero.

The two issues I had were the service staff at the front desk when I arrived, the wait staff in the lounge and in the restaurant. In all locations felt the staff were poorly trained either in their jobs or their manners. Upon arrival there was no welcome just asked for my name and credit card then turned their back on me while I was answering their questions and walked away. Same situation in the restaurant where the server did the bare minimum to answer questions about the menu and again turned their back on me when I was answering their questions. Just rude. The lounge I believe it may have been a case of new staff but making an Old Fashioned should not take 10 min and certainly doesn’t involve adding water.

Finally, I hardly slept because the walls/door seals are thin and you can hear every word your neighbors say. This is made worse when the hotel is full of visitors who make a racket at 10-11pm as they leave to see the northern lights and worse again when they come back between 2-3am and decided that they should talk in the halls. Just plain rude and ignorant.

With a little effort with their customer service and reminders/notices to keep quite at night.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Trail67085402169, General Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues at the front desk and lounge. I will use your comments in our daily team training sessions. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a few weeks for work and this is a quick summary for anybody considering staying at this hotel:

I was sent here for work and there was a mix-up while booking my room. My apartment Suite was double-booked for 4 days however I was offered the most luxurious room in the Hotel by the manager to make up for the inconvenience as well as free meals from the restaurant to take to work. I stayed in room 438 for the first 4 days and had zero complaints. Very spacious, luxurious, huge shower and jetted tub.

After a few days I was moved to my apartment suite .The room was cleaned too quickly and it was obvious that the carpets were not vacuumed as I found crumbs all over the place. Plenty of dust over the refrigerator and kitchen fan as well. The units come "well" equipped however lack basic necessities such as a can opener, lids for the pots, oven pans...

If you are able to, ask to be booked furthest possible from any elevator as the constant dinging at all hours of the day and night will wake you up if you're a light sleeper. As a shift worker I left the kitchen fan on and it did the trick most the time. The problem tends to be people coming back from there Northern Light tour at 3 a.m being loud.

The Wi-Fi was slow and would drop constantly (most likely due to the hotel being full). The housekeeping only works till 14:00 or 15:00 so if you have your do not disturb sign during the day and request your room to be cleaned after 15:00 you may be out of luck... (in my case my garbage went 3 days without being replaced and it was stinking up the suite really bad, I ended up leaving it in the hallway).

The apartment suite overall is functional for it's purpose however if I wasn`t being reimbursed for my stay it would be too pricy a 210$ a night. Washer and dryer were a nice touch and so was the dishwasher, would have been nice if they left a small amount of dish soap in the room...

The hotel is new, clean and very well situated. The restaurant downstairs is also nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was not great, hash browns were cold and clumped up together, bacon was good though, sausage very average.

Lunch and supper were good and the lodge area is also nice.

The gym was very basic with a few cardio machines and a couple weights machines. As someone else said it is pretty warm due to the saunas being right there. I did not go in there as I saw people skip the shower and go in straight after their workout. There should really be a sign asking people to take a shower first.

Overall this is the newest hotel in Yellowknife and possibly the best one in the area. I would recommend this place for a short stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry for all the issues you encountered in you recent stay. I will use your comments during our daily team training sessions. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 29, 2019

My first time to stay at the Chateau Nova. Upon arrival the large lobby area is welcoming with sofas by a (fake) fire in the fireplace. Was greeted at the front desk. I'm accustomed to the larger hotel chains that have your credit card on file. So upon checking in, I needed ID and my credit card. Where I then had to do a pre-authorization on my credit card for the full amount of my stay plus a damage deposit. That, from the the start gives me the impression the hotel doesn't really trust you.

I was told that the only rooms available where wheelchair accessible rooms. I really dislike the rooms as A) I don't need it, and B) the room always feels odd to me. But apparently I don't have a choice in this one.

Got to the room and yes, odd layout and furnishing made to be wheelchair friendly (ish).

The room was comfortable and modern, with a fridge, microwave, kettle, and coffee maker. A desk as well. The bed was very comfortable and the temperature in the room was good.

All was looking really good until I was awoken @ 3a, due to the neighbor above me stomping around. I hadn't realized how thin the floors were, and it was evident by the amount of sound coming thru.

Overall, my stay was very good, The room was cleaned every day and the rooms are very well maintained. The public areas are very clean and modern. The bar has good food and drinks and is reasonable for a hotel bar. My only gripes are the thin floors and hearing my neighbor above and the desk area. There are no plugs at desk level, you have to get on your hands and knees and go under the desk to get an electrical plug. Even the lamps on the night tables do not have plugs. The Nova is a nice place and I'll stay there again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your very much for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had during your recent stay. I will use your comments in our daily front desk training sessions. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

The newest hotel in Yellowknife, very comfortable and roomy. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is good and has a good selection of menu items. Lots of tours stop here for Aurora viewing. They leave in the late evening and come back in the wee hours. Try for a top floor room as all those heavy snow boots hitting the floor above you will wake you.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
CharleneB1190, Director of Sales at Chateau Nova Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you so much for your very nice review, we are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our Quarry Restaurant has a great selection of menu items sure to please everyone and I am glad to hear you agree. We are one of the popular hotels for tourists coming in to see the Northern Lights, but if you stay on the top floor, some days you can see the aurora from your window!

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Yellowknife

Reviewed January 6, 2019

Very nice hotel, recently built and well located. The hotel is clean, the staff are welcoming. The hotel is well located, a few minutes walk from the city center, shops, grocery store and pharmacy. The hotel offers a shuttle service from the airport, but, it is suggested to make arrangement with the hotel prior your arrival.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CharleneB1190, Director of Sales at Chateau Nova Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your very nice review, We hope to see you again soon!