“Lunch”

Koya Japan
Ranked #222 of 460 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 29, 2016

Ate here while binge shopping with my wife. Decided to give this place a try for some ting different. I had the teriyaki dish- meat with veggies on a bed of noodles. Very satisfying and filling. Would return to try other dishes in the future.
The meal is cooked in front of you and you can watch as the meal is prepared. Entertaining.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed September 9, 2015

... NOT haute cuisine but fresh and cooked on the spot before your very eyes!
Everthing fresh and crisp with distinctive recognisable flavours. I hope I'll be able to find other locations of this franchise!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am hoping the owner reads this - as I think any comments we would have made to staff tonight would have fallen on deaf ears. A food court franchise is a significant investment so thought the owner should know. (I would want to.) Worst udon noodle soup I've ever (not) eaten. Tough broken noodles, freezer-burned dry semi-shredded chicken, thickly cut unappetizing cabbage and tasteless lukewarm broth. We ordered one bottle of water and were charged for two but had to ask the laughing cashier for a refund as she simply put the 2nd bottle she thought we ordered back in the fridge, seemingly expecting that we would walk away. Very odd service from her and the cook, who seemed not to care either. Had to ask for everything from chopsticks to sauce, which was handed over seemingly grudgingly. Seldom eat at the food court - were caught running errands, without supper and thought we'd make a healthier choice. Maybe the later hour - and hopefully a one-of. It's a shame because the potential for tasty and fresh fare is there.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank amaunder
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Consistently fantastic. My favorite place to eat in the food court. The food is fresh, cooked in front of you, and is grilled using water instead of oils.

Date of visit: May 2013