“Best sandwiches in St.John's”

Manna European Bakery & Deli
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in St. John's
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: A place to meet and eat, just a five or ten minute drive from the hustle and bustle of downtown St. John's or a short walk from the Avalon Mall, the Health Sciences Centre or Memorial University of Newfoundland. At Manna Bakery, we are seriously passionate about good food. Our European bakery and deli offers inspiring flavours and the freshest ingredients. Enjoy delicious, hand crafted baked pastries and treats, wonderful soups and sandwiches, and our chef's choices of à la carte for the day.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The bread and the ingredients are always fresh. There is a wide variety of sandwiches available. I've eaten here a number of times and never been disappointed.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I try to go to Manna as much as I can. In my opinion, their 'chicken breast on pretzel sandwich' is the best sandwich I have ever had. Get there early to get a sandwich as they sell out fast. They now serve it every day of the week (it used to only be on weekdays). Great atmosphere! It's a true taste of Europe in the middle of St. John's. My only issue is that they frequently run out of pretzel and chicken (I was there during lunchtime twice this week and they were out of pretzel both times. The second time they also had a 15 minute wait for chicken so I left). As many people go there, this is unacceptable....they should be able to better manage this.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

2nd visit not much better than 1st. Bread was old, stale, place is dirty, service stinks. Not European at all. I've had the catering before, it's ok. But to physically go there-yuck

3  Thank Runner1122
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ordered sandwiches, veggie trays and assorted cookies and squares to be delivered for a volunteer thank-you event with about 40 people. The veggie trays and cookies were excellent, the sandwiches were very good. Delivery was efficient and right on time. Ordering in advance was easy online, and staff were available to answer questions before I ordered. They supplied extra olives and mini carrots on the side, as well as lots of serviettes and forks.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy the sandwiches very much from the bakery, I'm lactose intolerant so unfortunately I cannot enjoy the baked goods they provide however my friends say they are to die for. I love the pretzel bread! So delicious! The bakery is tiny, so I find it is usually pretty cramped because it is a busy location. The line is slow moving because the person who makes your sandwich is also usually the person who checks you in at the cash register. Also they cut the meat for your sandwich right in front of you (which is nice! You know it's fresh!) but also a little time consuming. There are a few places to sit down and eat in the bakery, however it has always been full when I have gone to the restaurant. Lovely spot, fresh food, I would certainly recommend to other to try!