“Not as good as most Cora's restaurants”
Review of Cora's

Cora's
Ranked #121 of 388 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 9, 2013

- I love Cora's, but this location is definitely below average compared to others I've been to (in Calgary and Toronto)
- half of the fruit on my plate was not great, over-ripe, mushy strawberries and hard, unripened cantaloupe and honey-dew melon
- the rest of the food was good, but not amazing
- service was ok

2  Thank BA31pilot

Reviewed February 1, 2013

At the Atlantic Place Cora's, we can usually get a decent meal without too much trouble, even though waitstaff can be a bit harsh at times. The Kenmount Road Cora's, however, has never improved; in fact, it's gone way downhill.

The last time we were there- today, actually- we came to our table to find the chair covered in syrup. When we asked about it, they took five minutes to bring a rag. Then they brought it, and put it on the chair, only to come back five minutes later to actually wipe it up. They didn't apologize about it, but did what a lot of waitstaff do in this town: brush it off like it wasn't that important.

I ordered the omelette of the day; while it was good, the asparagus was hard to cut, and had the texture of a cheap steak. I couldn't eat it with my omelette- I had to eat it separately. My wife had two eggs and sausage, which she said tasted just fine. A couple of hours later, though, she started to get sick; a few hours after that, she was throwing her guts up.

When we've had issues with our food in the past, they've acted like it's our fault for having too high standards. But that's their defense- they can't hide the fact that the tables and chairs are covered in syrup half of the time, the floors are filthy with syrup or fruit remnants, the restaurant is way overcrowded, and the waitstaff are some of the most uncaring servers I've ever seen in a restaurant. On top of that, they tend to sequester parents away from other customers, which is obvious and a bit offensive.

If you want breakfast in town, and with fresh fruit available, go somewhere else. The Sprout, Around the World, Bagel Cafe...any place but this. Even the other Cora's, if you're desperate for some Quebecois-style breakfast.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Lots of fresh fruit and food always good! I prefer the downtown location because you can look out over the waterfront and watch the foot traffic and boats coming and going! Worth requesting a window seat!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food is a little over priced, but definitely great meal and service. The servers are quick to take anything back that you really dislike and exchange it for something more palatable on the menu!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The highlight of visiting St. John's is getting to go to Cora's. Love this place, the food and service is second to none. We go there everytime without failure while visiting St. John's.