“The Best Burger I've Tasted”

Montana's Cookhouse
Ranked #76 of 373 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corner Brook, Canada
“The Best Burger I've Tasted”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I absolutely LOVED Montana's Cookhouse. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly with excellent decoration. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was AMAZING. I had a burger that had shrimp on it and it was soooo amazing that when it was finished I was actually disappointed that there wasn't more haha. The quantity of food you received was excellent and their sweet potato fries are to DIE for. Another excellent touch was that the manager of the restaurant was entirely hands on, and even came and sat at our table to ask how our meal was and take any comments or suggestions we may have had. Overall, it was an amazing experience, and I'll definitely be going back!

Visited November 2012

St. John's, Canada
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Montana's has, from my perspective, come up with a formula for providing comfort food (steak sandwiches, ribs, etc) in corny wilderness camp setting. The food was OK, the service was OK, however the rest is sort of fake. The Keg (same restaurant group) offers much more.

Visited September 2012
Grand Falls-windsor
“Best place to eat in St. John's!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I live outside of the city and every time I visit (at least 3 times a year) we always have dinner at Montana's on Kenmount Road. The service is EXCELLENT!! If we have any problems with our meal the servers are quick to resolve it.

The last time we dined there our appetizers were a bit on the cold side (probably due to the fact our dinner company's appetizers took longer to prepare) so they whisked it back to the kitchen and heated it up, also adding extra as we had eaten a couple cold ones. After this the manager came to us with a "Take 15" coupon for our next visit giving us $15 off our next meal there!

I have also eaten at the new Montana's opened on Stavanger Drive but the service (and food) wasn't nearly as good as the meal at the Kenmount Road location.

Also everytime I have eaten at the Kenmount Road location the manager has ALWAYS been there, I swear he must live there lol

Great food, great service, and I can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2012
st. johns
“sad.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and myself went to this restaurant to celebrate graduating, but instead we just got stress. We all got our food and the meat was horribly cold so requested for it to be brought back. The manager came over to apoligize and said a new serving will be out soon. within maybe five minutes our food came out which was strange. so i noticed the bite i took out of mine was in the same spot with some sauce poured over it and the potato was changed and gravy put on it. My friends meal was bbq wings and it looked like the sauce was crusty from being microwaved. We didnt eat the food and waited for the manager again. we told her what we thought and she got very rude and defensive. we didnt pay for the meals but had to pay for our drinks which i thought was silly. anyways the food is horrible and their customer service is worse.

• Visited October 2012
Texas
“Friendly Service, Average Food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was happy to see a new restaurant in the area (I believe Montana's opened in May, 2012) and it looks spectacular on the inside. Very authentic and warm with a lot of wood and pictures of animals and a few heads (moose, caribou). The seating is comfortable and the wait staff is extremely friendly, helpful and nice. This is a family restaurant so if you're looking for a romantic meal, this is not the place for you.

The food, however, is average at best. I tried to order the brisket but was told it's already smothered in sauce and I didn't want the sauce so that option was out. Why they have the brisket covered in BBQ sauce is a mystery. If brisket is good, it shouldn't need sauce.

So the waitress recommended the special which was sweet chili glaze with an 8 oz sirloin with two skewers of shrimp. I didn't taste the glaze at all. The shrimp was supposed to be grilled but it tasted boiled and lacked flavor. The sirloin was so full of fat that I couldn't eat it. For my sides I had a baked potato (no complaints there) and cole slaw which was very creamy and full of vinegar so I didn't eat it. It also came with thin deep fried onion rings which my spouse and enjoyed.

My spouse had the NY steak sandwich (which cost $14.99) and thought it was just okay but wouldn't recommend it.

Montana's has a great atmosphere but the food won't bring us back.

• Visited October 2012