“Special Breakfast”

Montana's Cookhouse
Ranked #78 of 373 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, Canada
“Special Breakfast”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We headed out for breakfast, only to find our favorite spot very busy. Just across the parking lot was Montana's. It wasn't busy at 11 am so we gave it a try. The person greeting us said they didn't have a breakfast menu. Luckily the chef was standing nearby and said " you want breakfast, I'll cook you breakfast... anything you'd like!" With a couple of delicious omelets under our belts, along with all the trimmings and good conversation, we were on our way !

• Visited June 2012

St. John's, Canada
“Adequate is best I can say”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Been to Montana's several times over the past year. Not sure why I go back since I can't say I've ever had a great meal there. This latest time I thought I would try the half chicken - only problem they were all out of chicken. Tried their turkey sandwich which was good however the fries were the worst I've ever tasted. And to make it worst they were just barely warm. Service was not great - I think the server just wanted the shift to end so she could get outta there! On a previous visit I had their blackened salmon. It was way too salty! The more I think of it, I've probably made my last visit to Montana's.

• Visited September 2012
St. John's, Canada
“Great value”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The restaurent is well decorated, very clean and the food does a great job of focusing on ribs and chicken. I personally love the half chicken dinner that comes with corn bread and beans.

Visited August 2012
“Average”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Ate at Montannas for the first time last night. Service was o.k. But not great. Food was ok but nothing to rave about. I do recommend going as I will be trying this restaurant again and I will bring our guests from out of town when they come in August.

Levittown PA USA
“Better if the food were served hot!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The rack of baby back ribs is, considering its size, fairly priced. My only complaint was that it was served rather tepid. The ribs were tender and tasty. The restaurant wasn't crowded yet service seemed slow. Avoid the baked beans, which seemed to be flavored with chili powder. Likewise, the cole slaw is rather tasteless.

• Visited June 2012