“Fantastic!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have to admit that his restaurant is awesome! The chef must be a genius. Each sauce had different flavor and matched with their food fantastically. I especially liked soy sauce and Yuzu citrus sauce. Their tuna and hamachi were so fresh. Sushi rice was perfect, and their sushi was good. It's worth to pay since I enjoyed authentic Japanese food in NL!

2  Thank Lovefoodocean

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is one if favourite places to eat! Food is great and service is usually great as well. If you haven't been here its definitely worth a try.

2  Thank doglover123_10
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a favourite restaurant of friends. We had been planning to have a meal here for some time and finally had a date. My first impressions were that the décor is nice and there is adequate room between tables. I was not impressed that the menu had stains on it and was a bit tattered. My friends had informed me that the menu had not changed since they opened but I did expect they would replace the worn-out menus as this is not an inexpensive place to dine. The wine list is pretty good for a small restaurant and the prices are good.

The menu provides a good selection and if you want sushi or sashimi, this is really the only place to get it and there are lots of choices. For an appetizer I had a salmon roll that was quite excellent. Others had the tuna; also excellent as were the cooked appetizers. However, one of our guests has a shellfish allergy and they could not ensure anything other than the salad as being shellfish free. That's ok; best to err on the side of caution.

Two of us ordered the rack of lamb, medium rare. Both arrived medium to well done. When I informed the server her response was “well, I told them it was medium rare”. There was no offer to replace it, nor were we offered any minor compensation for this mistake. In fact, the service seemed to drop off after our complaint… was she forecasting a poor tip? If so, she ensured it by her actions. Now maybe one should not order lamb in a restaurant that specializes in sushi. OK, but if you can’t cook it appropriately don’t offer it on the menu.

While we were starting the dessert course, a table of four arrived and sat next to us. They were loud and the acoustics of the room made it much worst with the sound echoing off the walls and floors.

Overall a poor experience for me and a so-so for the others at our table. I won’t bother going back.

2  Thank C W
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The tuna steak was amazing! The sushi is always excellent and my personal fave is the salmon tartare parfait !

2  Thank busym0m0f3
Reviewed August 8, 2013

So-so food. very expensive. slow service. Spent over 300.00 for 4 people and after dinner the staff wouldn't allow us to have a drink in the bar.

3  Thank pmc2013