“Lovely Brunch / Lunch”

The Sprout
Ranked #30 of 378 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Cozy restaurant in the heart of downtown offering a variety of healthy choices. An oasis of amazing dishes for vegetarians and vegans.
St. John's, Canada
“Lovely Brunch / Lunch”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have not been to the Sprout for a number of years and after yesterday's brunch I am asking myself why. Yesterday's food and service were both excellent and great value. I will be going back again soon

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Catherine S

Torbay, Newfoundland, Canada
“Good veggie option - poor service!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Tried The Sprout for the first time with my husband and his aunt visiting from Toronto who is a vegetarian. The atmosphere was okay, could use some updates and new booths. The service we had was not what I expect when eating out! The server was very vague with everything and hurried off before we got to ask her anything! We ordered hummus with bread and crackers as an appetizer. The hummus was excellent and plentiful however there wasn't near enough bread and crackers to accompany it. When we asked for more crackers (after waiting about 10 minutes to get the servers attention) she brought out the smallest bowl I've ever seen with maybe 5 or 6 crackers in it! Needless to say we were not impressed! We all enjoyed our main courses and the portions were great. We all enjoyed dessert also. The Sprout is really accommodating to food sensitivities which is a bonus. I am gluten sensitive and had no issues there with regards to that. They actually have a separate gluten free menu!
Unfortunately the service kind of soured our experience there but I will return to give it a fair chance!

• Visited August 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Perfect mid-range veggie cuisine”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

So fresh and yummy--a different choice in St. John's. Particularly enjoyed the chickpea burger and salad.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jrandalls
Toronto, Canada
“Even Carnivors can enjoy enjoy vegies”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I went few times to the Sprout for lunch and enjoyed it every time.
Tried different sandwiches and soups mad with things I never heard about and always enjoyed it.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank ferrere1965
Toronto, Canada
“Great vegetarian food”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Being a Toronto vegetarian, I compared the food here with that of the Toronto restaurant, "Fresh". The Sprout was much better, and everyone in our party of five were pleased, vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.

• Visited August 2012