“Great”

Today
8:00 PM
Ranked #19 of 460 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Ate here a while ago for a work function. Absolutely fantastic food and great local beers on tap. Would 100% recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely piece of Halibut here. Great selection of beer. Didn't have dessert but those that did raved about it. Found it a bit loud and the tables and chairs were too close together, but otherwise great place.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had our anniversary supper at the Merchant Tavern. The meal was delicious. He had the steak and I had the pork. The fish tacos were great also. Our server was efficient. She always checked in with us at the right times. My only complaint is that the tables are too close together. The people on the side of us were so close, our server couldnt physically fit between the 2 tables. Overall though, the bar is beautiful and the meal was tasty.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 20, 2019

I ate here during a business trip and it was an absolute highlight. Get the halibut! Besides the excellent food, this place has a vibrant atmosphere and friendly staff. 5 stars all round.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

Our server was friendly and checked on our table frequently but did not over do it. The food was very tasty, I recommend the chicken, steak and burger. The vinegar pie was fantastic, almost like a apple pie with tea ice cream. I wish you could buy the ice cream by the pint. The creme brûlée is a large serving compared to most restaurants but I do not like it. The others at the table really enjoyed it. We also had the carrot cake. The cake itself was moist and delicious but it would of been 100 times better with just buttercream icing instead of how its currently served, there is a lot going on with the cake with some kind of granola and the icing is very tart with a off taste. Otherwise the meal and experience was fantastic. It is a little pricy but shows with the complex and quality of the dishes excluding the carrot cake. Some people would argue its over priced but again for the food and experience we gotten was worth the price. The apps were also fantastic would recommend the calamari.

Date of visit: February 2019