“Loads of character and great food !”
Review of Duke of Duckworth

Duke of Duckworth
Ranked #8 of 378 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Canada
“Loads of character and great food !”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We visited this bar/restaurant due to our love of the CBC show "Republic of Doyle". It did not disappoint. It is very small and cozy with lots of character. The food was excellent; the best western wrap and home fries I have ever had. Others in the group had burgers, which they said were very tasty. The staff were friendly and welcomed us behind the bar to get a good picture to remember our visit by. Will go there again next time we are in St.John's.

Brampton, Canada
“Nicest waiter I have ever met!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The atmosphere is great. It turned out to be a great evening considering I was travelling alone. I felt very welcomed. Thanks!

Nova Scotia
“Cozy place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

1st place we ate in St. John's. Recommended by Gary at Sheraton. Too much grease for me but as the saying goes....when in Rome. Cod tips were good. Wait staff was great.

Visited October 2012
Ajax, Canada
“Good food, great ambience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took the family down as my wife had wanted to visit it (stars in Republic Of Doyle or something)?
It was a Monday afternoon, and the restaurant was open. Food was excellent, I had a sausage pie, most had fish and chips (we were 7 all together). Beer was cold and tasty, lots of local options (including QV stuff). My 10 year old son was ok to go.

• Visited October 2012
Pouch Cove, Canada
“Best Fish & Chips in Town”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For years I have been a regular at this place. When smoking was allowed I would come during the day and even now it is smoke free the lunch and afternoons are when I frequent the place. In fact I used to be there so often I would say that my compass had only three points, home, office, the Duke. It is the best place to watch football (as in soccer) and during the Euro Cup and World Cup tournaments the place is blocked. The food is consistently good with the fish and chips being the BEST in a town known for good fish and chips. The staff are friendly and pour the best pint of Guinness on the east coast. Highly recommended.