“Best Place to Stay in St John” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. John's
Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
Manchester Maine
“Best Place to Stay in St John”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Mansion for our trip to St John. What a great place! The room was really quiet and furnished with impeccable taste. The breakfast every morning was a special treat.
It was like staying in your own house. Mary made us feel right at home. I would recommend this as a definite if you are staying in St John. It is close to everything and far enough away from the busy night life to actually sleep.:)

Room Tip: We booked the suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RFerran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent a enjoyable weekend in St. John's. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The hotel was beautiful! We were welcomed back after a long day of sight-seeing in St. John's to a hot cup of tea and freshly baked blueberry muffin. I would recommend this to my family and friends who will be travelling there in the near future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kelly P
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had booked with Ryan Mansion in March 2013 for a stay beginning early Aug. Within days of arriving, I recieved an email advising me that my reservatio would not be honoured. Calls to the hotel were reduley handled with the only suggested alternative being to stay in Dildo! Although the 'official' story was a change in ownership and apparent renovations on half of the house, we did not see any evidence of this when we stopped by, nor had locals in St. John's heard of this. Suspect that the hotel knew they could get more money by ditching our discount reservations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Katush68
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked Ryan Mansion in April 2013 - between then and now (July) a new company has taken over the management of half of the hotel. I only found this out when I called to confirm my reservation (Ryan Mansion did not reply to my three emails - 2 emails asking for confirmation of my reservation and one email of complaint). I was informed that I was no longer staying at Ryan Mansion and instead staying at Merchant House (the new company/the other wing of the hotel). The woman at Ryan Mansion assured me I still had a reservation with Merchant House. When I called Merchant House, they informed me that I don't have a reservation. Long story short, I am now in the process of booking a new hotel for my honeymoon, 10 days before I'm suppose to arrive.
So I have no idea what Ryan Mansion is really like - but would like to warn people who have reservations with Ryan Mansion to confirm them. And if they are moved to Merchant House, to confirm with them. And confirm the rate. Merchant House offered me a way lower rate for the same kind of accommodations.

I would also like to encourage Ryan Mansion to reply to emails. I had really wanted to stay at this hotel and am disappointed, but more disappointed by their terrible terrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Wagerland
rmansion, Owner at Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2016
I am sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to stay at Ryan Mansion.
I checked into your complaint and found that your reservation was with the neighbouring property Merchants House which has no affiliation with Ryan Mansion. I am glad to hear that your reservation with them was honoured and that you were happy with your choice.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent a beautiful summer weekend in St. John's and chose this hotel based on the positive reviews online. The 'hotel' is a beautiful building that is wonderfully decorated and very welcoming. We stayed in the 'captain's suite' and were very satisfied with our room: it was beautifully decorated, full of natural sunlight and had a very comfortable bed. The service was fantastic and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate our requests. We stayed at this hotel before heading to the west coast of the island to go on a multi-day hike in Gros Morne National Park and we needed to stock up on camping supplies before heading out. The hotel staff actively sought stores for us to visit to get our supplies and left us printed letters with directions, hours and a brief description of what supplies each had. When we went out on runs, the staff gave us recommendations for routes and provided us with small maps in case we got lost.
The meals were fantastic - the pancakes were to die for; and the service was fantastic. We slept in quite late on Saturday (woke up in the afternoon!) but the staff accommodated without comment, and served us breakfast in the afternoon. Overall a very hospitable stay and an enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is visiting St. John's for the first time and will come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark B
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

After a stay of 4 nights and 4 days in St. John's, at the boutique hotel, Ryan's Mansion, I was totally blown away by the hospitality and pure luxury of the experience. The charming owners of the hotel, Kevin and Robert, were so friendly and welcoming. The staff, headed by Mary, our hostess, was exeptional, meeting my every need and anticipating my every whim. Her willingness to share her knoweldge of the city and her recipes was only surpassed by her warmth and caretaking. It was sad to leave and I plan to return..... soon. I encourage any travellers who plan to visit this beautiful city on the most eastern part of our country, to consider the hospitality of Ryan's Mansion.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully appointed. I did see them all and depending upon numbers of traveller...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cogi S
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and it continued throughout our stay. Mary, Brian and the staff did way more than we expected and it made our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. We cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family