“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Downtown
Markham, Ontario, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I must be honest and rate this place an average. The sushi was pretty good, but that was about it.
The atmosphere was alright.
Servers were friendly and helpful, even if they got our order wrong. They at least got it resolved.
All in all, decent meal out, but a little bit of a let down.

St. John's, Canada
“Great restaurant :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to Sun Sushi yesterday evening with a few friends and I had a wonderful experience! It was my first time in the restaurant and my second time having sushi. I ordered the california rolls and they were delicious. My friends and I ordered the orange chicken, I found it a bit dry but everyone else in my group had no complaints. I will definitely be dinning here again! The service was great, the price was reasonable, and the atmosphere was nice :)

Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
“Gave it a 2nd chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family & i have been to Sun Sushi several times since it opened. We really enjoyed the taste of the food but there were several negatives:
-service was VERY slow on several occasions.
-food is a bit pricey for the serving sizes
- orders did get mixed up & omitted with 1 server not knowing what the other was doing.
When my son was home on holidays last month we gave it another go & was pleasantly surprised that both the service & food (more veggies in the noodle bowls) had improved. Last evening my son, daughter & I dined there & again had a positive experience with the exception of some confusion between servers as to our orders. The service was much faster & there were lots more veggies in the noodle bowl.
I think this may be an effort put forth by the management there due to competition down the street (Asian Taste) which also offers delicious food @ more reasonable prices.

1 Thank Louise S
St. John's, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is delicious! Service is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I only make it to St. John's a few times a year but I always get to Sun Sushi! The food and the service is spot on every time!

Visited July 2013
ST.JOHN'S, NL
“Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

If I go to town, the first thing my brother asks is if we are hitting up "Sun" !! I love going there in the summer and fall, as the colder months tend to get a little chilly inside. rolls are great and not overpowered with heavy sauces.

we started eating the rolls all the time, but have switched to the sashimi and nigri due to the lack of the need for rice and to better taste the flavor of the seafood.

Price is moderate for what you get in a sushi restaurant, cause you pay for rolls you order on the fly as opposed to a cheaper option of premade rolls from the grocery store where selection is at a minimum

• Visited July 2013