“Very "blah" tasting food! So dissappinting!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue On Water

Blue On Water
Ranked #43 of 371 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Bay Roberts, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very "blah" tasting food! So dissappinting!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had dinner last evening at Blue on Water..We had eaten there several times in the past( a year ago) and was quite happy with the food. We revisted blue yesterday and had the chicken and salmon. OMG! The chicken was very tasteless, as though it was just baked in the oven with no taste whatsoever and it was served with 4 pieces of baked potatoe. My partner had the salmon. Very over cooked and tasteless. I recommend not to spend the money at this restaurant unless you are on a 0 fat, 0 taste, 0 spice diet-then it may work for you. Horrible food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nikkicocoa1

Milton, Canada
“bordering on pretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

was recommended to us by a good friend. Lobster bisque was perfect. I had the duck & slightly over done & not really a crispy skin, as I'd like to see. My husband's halibut was very good. Prices are higher than others in St John's. Service was attentive and considerate.

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“A nice brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having been disappointed with the quality of food so far on our trip, a barista recommended we go to Blue on Water for brunch. There were no tables free when we arrived, so we sat at the bar. However, there didn't seem to be a list of people waiting for tables, and no one told us we could order or eat at the bar. After the confusion was cleared, we had a great waitress and a nice breakfast. We shared the goat cheese and spinach eggs benedict, with a side order of fruit (the big bowl.) Both the meal and fruit were great (no lame, overripe melons in the fruit salad! All fresh and yummy!) The ambiance was a bit dark for brunch, they could use with some brighter daytime lighting I think, but overall it was a nice breakfast!

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good food...service needs improvement...deliveries being brought in through main restaurant!?!?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've been to St. John's several times, and decided to try Blue on Water for lunch during my latest visit. The food was good (interesting menu, good size portions), but I have to say the service was far from impressive. Our waitress plopped two menus down and disappeared for 10 minutes...came back and said "Ready to order?". Nothing welcoming, no smile, no eye-contact. I noticed a different table with a different waitress getting the same cold treatment. I suspect the waitresses were hired for their appearance, rather than their customer service skills. Even more disconcerting were the deliveries being brought in through the main restaurant (ice, veggies, cleaning supplies). Ummm....don't you have a back door? Sorry, but I really don't need to see pails of ice and boxes of detergent being paraded by me while I'm eating. Blue is trying hard to be upscale, but is not quite there. Will probably skip this next time I'm in town.

• Visited July 2013
Hollis, NH
“Excellent food, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a great find in St. John's. The food was interesting and delicious. Service was friendly and efficient.
No complaints!