“Quick takeout; Tasty food.”
Review of Venice Pizzeria

Venice Pizzeria
Ranked #103 of 460 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed January 20, 2019

In an unglamorous building, the Venice pizzeria doesn't seek to impress. But the food is tasty and well prepared. The pizza was good the second day as well; always a good sign.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I am a big fan of pizza ! I have tried almost all pizzas in town, including the big chains. No one compares to Venice Pizzeria! The sauce and the crust are very unique and the best I've ever had! The toppings are generous and delicious. Wonderful service as well!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We have been customers of Venice for decades.
It seems to have been sold or it has changed hands a few times in the recent past five years. Each change of owners has caused changes to the pizza and the service and has been noticeable to us as regulars.
The oven is the same or at least it seems to be.
The recipe they had was gold and the pizza used to be amazing. The pizza now isn’t Cooked as well and seems to be prepared without the same care or ingredients.
The staff also don’t have the same approach with the food or the customers and seem to be this generation cell phone in hand do the minimum of what has to be done to get paid and go. The old owners had staff that cared about the food and the customers. That is gone now.
We had kept going back (far less often tho as time has passed) just in case it came around to what it was... it hasn’t and it seems unlikely that it will.
I hesitantly give this a 2/5 but it got the 2 because it still holds a piece of the pie of the past in my memory.
So long Venice! we miss you.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank MENBBB
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I had a take out of vegetarian pizza and it was very good! The toppings were ample, the cheese was more than sufficient and the crust was excellent. Service was very good too. Definitely recommendable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I just got into town after a long drive and was starving and didn't feel like sitting in a restaurant and waiting a long time for something to eat. I also wanted something not too expensive so pizza seemed to meet my criteria best. I found Venice only a few minutes from my hotel but the parking was horrible! All spots in front were taken. I tried to go around the block to find somewhere else nearby to park but the layout of the neighborhood sees one driving around in circles due to narrow, one-way streets. I finally found a spot a bit far away. I ordered a personal size vegetarian pizza (4 small slices) and was surprised at the price of 17 dollars!!!!! I get the exact same pizza at home for 8 dollars. However, it was quite delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018