“Pepper!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good food but take note of Pepper in the title of the restaurant:) We have steak and I felt the pepper was a little overdone, I like to 'taste' my steak:)

2  Thank DebbieCork_Ireland
There are newer reviews for The Peppermill

Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a great little treat to find such good food after wandering looking for an eating spot. We were fortunate to stop by early enough to make a reservation for later that night.
Great east coast seafood options, friendly service, of course, because it's Nfld! The coffee was the best of our journey so far! Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Whenever my son visits from Alberta this is the one restaurant he does not want to miss. It is a small restaurant with a nice atmosphere. I would recommend reservations as some nights there is not an empty table to be found. Staff are friendly and service good though some may find it a bit slow. When I go out to dine I enjoy time between courses and a relaxing pace. Cost per person is about $50 which is very reasonable given the quantity and quality of the meal.
For appetizers I had poached pear salad and my son and husband had fishcakes, all were delicious.
I always have the pork tenderloin as I enjoy it so much, my husband had fettucine carbonara which he enjoyed and my son was somewhat disappointed that his favourite, halibut was not available. He opted for the chicken which he said was excellent.
We had chocolate chip banana bread pudding for desert, quite deadly.
We left the restaurant feeling relaxed and quite full. We will definitely return to The Peppermill.

1  Thank Dianne228
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We decided to go out to dinner for New Year's Eve and lucky for us the Peppermill had an opening for two. Unlike most restaurants, they stuck with the regular menu. We were delighted to order the halibut, which is a signature dish for this restaurant. We were not disappointed. It was delicious and filling. I can't wait to return again!

1  Thank 835Dolores709
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Peppermill is a quaint, small restaurant close to the Waterfront in St. Johns Newfoundland. My husband ate there while in the city with friends of ours and has been raving about the halibut ever since.

I went with him on his last trip in November and the four of us went to this restaurant together. I was not disappointed whatsoever. I ordered the Seafood Carbonara. The server came back to apologize that the kitchen had run out of prawns, but I just suggested to double the scallops and that would be fine.

All of our entreès were delicious - we were all happy with our selections. The servings were generous - I could not finish all of mine.

We will definitely be making The Peppermill a regular place to dine when we are in St. Johns.

1  Thank sbstitcher