“Excellent menu selection”

PJ Billington's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visited this restaurant in a group of 6. Service was fast, friendly and server was very efficient and attentive to our needs.

Very good menu selection and plenty of parking.

Our group ordered the personal pizza, 3 orders of the skillet fried Cod, a club sandwich and a chicken salad. All the food arrived at the same time, as ordered and not a single complaint between the entire group.

Decor is dated but that kind of adds a certain level of rustic look to it.

1  Thank canadian_investor

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I'm not normally one to eat in hotel restaurants, but we thought we would have a look, as there was activity inside when we checked in on a Saturday evening. A quick look at the menu and we decided not to go anywhere else after driving all day. My pan fried cod was nicely done (not greasy), but the cedar plank smoked salmon won over someone who is not much of a salmon/fish fan. I don't say "trust me" on dishes very often - it worked out this time. The cedar plank salmon is done the more aboriginal/traditional way, with lemon, dill, onion, fresh ground sea salt and spices, not nouvelle cuisine style.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Food was excellent!! Some of the best Ribs & Wings we have eaten while in the city!! Desert and Beverages also wonderful and service is top notch!!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My family and I had the fish and chips special on Good Friday. The entire meal was excellent. The fish was really battered nice and crisp. Will be back!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Incredibly friendly staff, a menu that could provide you with two different meals per day for 30 days, some of the best steak and eggs I've had anywhere for breakfast (room service with beer at 7 am), fresh seafood and positively in the top five for best Tenderloin I've had globally - and that includes 5 Star restaurants. I ate there daily for 11 days as well as other places in St.John's but they got 'em all beat hands down.