“Always a great meal”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Papa's Pier 17
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent food and service, Been there many times and never disappointed. The fish and pastas are very good , always fresh.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank d s

St. John's, Canada
“Cosy atmosphere with rather bland food.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Papa's Pier 17 has a cosy, old- fashioned " feel". Its very quiet which makes it a good place to meet for a romantic dinner or with family, friends or business colleagues and want to chat or if you are travelling alone , feel tired and want to feel safe and relaxed. The food is bland.The portion sizes are good and the fish is very fresh.Its good for anyone who likes bland food but for those of us who like "spicy" the menu is rather limited.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mary-Frances S
canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

After reading the reviews I didn't know what to expect when I dined at Papa's. I had the Fisherman's Catch which was prepared exactly the way I wanted. Our table of four had no complaints about the food. We will go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ampenney
Marystown, Newfoundland, Canada
“Waste of money.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Overpriced, boring food with mediocre service. I was looking forward to my Greek side salad, however, it was presented with Italian dressing which confounded me. This was the last time that I will ever spend my hard-earned money at Papa's Place/Pier 17.

• Visited November 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Lots of staff, lots of tables, but little communication”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

There were only three tables occupied in the section my partner and I were in and I believe there was one other table in the private room. We had a reservation; were seated at 6:20 pm and promptly ordered a drink; we ordered an appetizer to share about 10 minutes later and then the main courses a few minutes after that. At 7:10 pm we still didn't have our appetizer. My wife hushed me at that point and said the waitress at the other table is trying to give those 4 ladies our appetizer. I listened in and sure enough the waitress was insisting that they ordered it and they were saying no, absolutely not. Then the waitress said it must be part of their meal and again they didn't agree. She gave it to them anyway. As that waitress left, I waved and waved til I got the attention of the other waitress and called her over. (Did I mention that we had tickets for the show at the local Arts Centre at 8?) My wife advised the second waitress what had happened, and said we still want our appetizer and don't even think of charging us for it. We scarfed it down as well as the main course and ran out the door to our show.....it was raining and we were walking. We will never go back there. We're not mean or picky people. We stil gave them a 10% tip. It's that we don't go out very often and were looking forward to a nice evening. They just need to get their act together.

• Visited June 2013