“Good Choice For Lunch”

Ranked #3 of 383 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate restaurant in the heart of downtown St. John's, Newfoundland. Operating for over 17 years,Oliver's is a favourite for great seafood, steaks, fresh pastas and mouthwatering housemade desserts. Featuring intimate booths, warm colours and a fantastic wine list.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent, affordable choice for lunch. Service was friendly and efficient, sea food chowder really hit the spot.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Enjoyed the whole experience of Oliver's. Only problem was that the appetizers were very pricey for the little amount you received. Main meal was very salty for my taste.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great atmosphere - Nice, quiet and intimate. The food, as usual was fantastic. The server was very friendly and attentive. The Newfoundland Berry Cheesecake is to die for. Great place for couples to enjoy a nice meal. It is my favorite place to eat in St. John's.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I previously reviewed Oliver's after visiting it a number of times and noted that the quality of their food and service had gone downhill....I am excited to say that since then friend's of ours wanted to go there when heading out to brunch and it was delicious. After 2-3 visits since then the quality of their food seems to be great and consistent. The bread that they serve with brunch is probably the best I have had out in a restaurant, their fish cakes were a decent size and cooked perfectly (not deep fried like other places), they serve fresh fruit with some of the menu items, and overall we have enjoyed every meal we have had there recently.
The servers we had were all very friendly, which makes the meal all the better - though some that we had were more attentive than others.
Overall, I am so glad that the restaurant seems to have returned to serving delicious, quality meals. It is now one of our most favorite places to go.
Though I would recommend calling ahead for a reservation or to make sure they are not full as it is a busy spot and seating is limited.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Had a work lunch here recently- really enjoyed the food I ordered, and the food ordered by colleagues looked great as well! I had the seafood chowder and pan fried cod. Looking forward to coming back with my husband so we can enjoy dinner or lunch with a nice wine selection as the wine list looks great. But of course, I wouldn't pass up another business lunch here either!