“Delicious food and great price!”

Oliver's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 384 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Intimate restaurant in the heart of downtown St. John's, Newfoundland. Operating for over 17 years,Oliver's is a favourite for great seafood, steaks, fresh pastas and mouthwatering housemade desserts. Featuring intimate booths, warm colours and a fantastic wine list. Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and brunch and dinner on weekends.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is a small intimate restaurant. It is perfect for a romantic dinner.
I had the Spicy Broiled Salmon and my husband the Grilled Honey Soy chicken breast. It was cooked to perfection.
Then we had Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake and the featured dessert. It was ok but next time I won’t have the dessert.
There is a good choice of wine.
I am sure that I will come back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Small intimate bistro style restaurant. Fine menu and great flavor. We thought we might be a bit close to to other diners but in fact realized when leaving we didnt even notice and could not overhear conversations etc. Good service, pleasant staff and not overpriced like other restaurants in town.

1  Thank DebbieCork_Ireland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place had a few different menu choices which is nice for a change.Great lunches and dinner choices as well.A bit crowded;needs more space.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived before my husband, but no one offered me anything to drink while I waited. During the meal, no one refilled our water. And we had to stand up and walk to the back to ask for our check.
Aside from service, the meal was ok. I had the goat cheese appetizer, which was good. My husband liked their french onion soup. My entree was the lamb, and it was overcooked. My husband had fish and said it was ok. For the prices and from other reviews, I thought it would be better.

2  Thank ssblueyes
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

For the caliber of the food (fantastic) the service should be upgraded. Ate here and felt very rushed and sometimes forgotten about by the server which was strange as there were only a few other customers at the time. I had the creamy carrot and ginger soup, followed by the portobello mushroom Wellington and creme brûlée for dessert. All amazing, absolutely delicious food! My boyfriend had steak which he recommends. Would eat here again.