“It was ok”

Ranked #3 of 381 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Intimate restaurant in the heart of downtown St. John's, Newfoundland. Operating for over 17 years,Oliver's is a favourite for great seafood, steaks, fresh pastas and mouthwatering housemade desserts. Featuring intimate booths, warm colours and a fantastic wine list.
St. John's, Canada
“It was ok”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived before my husband, but no one offered me anything to drink while I waited. During the meal, no one refilled our water. And we had to stand up and walk to the back to ask for our check.
Aside from service, the meal was ok. I had the goat cheese appetizer, which was good. My husband liked their french onion soup. My entree was the lamb, and it was overcooked. My husband had fish and said it was ok. For the prices and from other reviews, I thought it would be better.

2 Thank ssblueyes

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, average atmosphere and service!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

For the caliber of the food (fantastic) the service should be upgraded. Ate here and felt very rushed and sometimes forgotten about by the server which was strange as there were only a few other customers at the time. I had the creamy carrot and ginger soup, followed by the portobello mushroom Wellington and creme brûlée for dessert. All amazing, absolutely delicious food! My boyfriend had steak which he recommends. Would eat here again.

Conception Bay South, Canada
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Oliver`s is a nice quiet restaurant. No loud blaring music. This is my 4th, visit, once at lunch and 3 at dinner time. I have never been disappointed in either the food or the atmosphere. Food portions each time were more than enough and the food was cooked to perfection. I am sure that I will be back. Would certainly recommend it.

St. John's, Canada
“hidden treasure****”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stumbled upon a little restaurant called Oliver's in downtown St John's. Our was perfect from the appetizer's to the main courses. All were served piping hot and cooked to perfection.
I had salmon and my husband had seafood pasta , we shared appetizer's of scallops and seafood chowder.
All were perfect.....we will be back!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Slow service, mediocre food”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The kitchen added chicken to two dishes without our knowledge, and charged us for the inclusion of the chicken in the dish, even though we didn't order it. As we pretty much only ordered soup and salads, we didn't expect to be in the restaurant for almost 2 hours. Aside from the service issues, stay away from the seafood chowder. Whatever crap they serve doesn't hold a candle to Campbell's chowder, the fish is bland and flavorless, and everything is oily and kind of gross.

Wouldn't go back.