“Delicious!”

India Gate Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 390 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 23, 2013

India Gate is my favourite restaurant in the city. There is a huge selection of the tastiest, most flavourful food I have ever eaten. The shahee paneer is my favourite! And you can't forget the naan bread.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went with a group and felt boxed in at our table. We were all partaking of the lunchtime buffet. My friends were really excited and I was thinking this could turn out special enough to make me want to return. Not so! I couldn't find anything that looked appetizing. I didn't know what to choose. So I followed my friends but when I got back to the table I was not enjoying the flavours. I went back up and all I could see was some kind of rice pudding. I like fried rice but not sweet rice. I tried it anyway but was not a lover of it. So all in all I felt we were in the restaurant too long, it was too expensive and it did not satisfy my taste buds. Haven't returned since!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I ate here for the first time and had a wonderful evening meal. Our group of three had four separate dishes and shared everything. Every single dish, including the rice and naan bread was delicious. Some of the best Indian food I have ever had. The price was very reasonable considering the amount of food we had, and the quality.
I wouldn't hesitate to return and take anyone with me. Great experience.

The waitress we had was clearly a new employee and perhaps not well suited to this type of restaurant. I cut her some slack for being a newbie, but she needs a little seasoning to improve her service skills. Even the not too great service didn't detract from the excellent meal.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The service is excellent and the food is the best !! I have never had better food anywhere !! Indian or not. You will not be disappointed. From the butter chicken to the naan bread it is fresh hot and very tasty. By far the best place to eat in St. John's NL.

1  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent service! Delicious food. The buffet is loaded with delicious choices! I get sad when I feel myself getting full. :)