“India Gate - YUM!”

India Gate Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 384 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent service! Delicious food. The buffet is loaded with delicious choices! I get sad when I feel myself getting full. :)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

What's not to like about India Gate? Excellent selection of dishes, fast, friendly service and tasty, authentic Indian dishes.

We have eaten at some of the highest rated Indian restaurants in Toronto, Quebec City, Halifax and elsewhere, and none compare to India Gate.

1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really enjoy the lunch buffet here, the price is good and I really enjoy the selection of different flavors. I have also eaten here for supper and it is a little more costly, although it is definitely worth it.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first time eating at an Indian restaurant. It was fantastic. Since none of use had tried it before, we all got the Tandoori Platter which had five different foods to try (naan, lamb in a curry, tomato sauce, tandoori chicken (tasted like it just came off a BBQ), cooling salad, and delicious rice with raisins, cashews, and almond slivers. After the meal, we tried to pick which thing we liked the best. We couldn't decide because it was all so good.

When I first arrived, "Bobby" came over and introduced himself and kept me company until the rest of my party arrived. Since I had walked to the restaurant, he offered me some chai tea. Again, amazing. Our waiter, tall guy, was great. Water was always full, he didn't interrupt us, and educated us on some of the more popular dishes.

The atmosphere was very elegant which is something I look for in a restaurant. We were fortunate to have the table next to the fireplace which only added to the whole experience.

When the meal was over, our waiter offered us hot towels to clean/warm our hands. Such a nice touch to go along with the chocolates we each got.

I'm not one to go so overboard with praise and I believe in telling it like it is; however, this restaurant was an experience that I highly recommend and will definitely go to again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is one of my favorite resturants in St. John's and has been for years. In fact I have eaten here twice in the last week! The food is top-notch. I would reccommend the butter chicken, the tandoori chicken and the samosas. I have always found the service to be prompt and professional. My only complaint is that the price is a little high (Usually $70-80 for myself and my wife with no alcohol). If you want to eat here for less money they have an excellent buffet on weekdays for under $20 per person.