“A special mothers day”
Review of Bianca - CLOSED

Bianca
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: The Elegant Pantry
Description: While the burgeoning restaurant scene in St. John's has witnessed epic change during the past two decades, the one constant of culinary perfection is Bianca's on Water Street. The top notch kitchen amazes every lunch and evening with tantalizing menu items and daily features pulled from the chef's… penchant for turning fresh local ingredients to plated master pieces. The food style is best summed up by owner Bianca Tzanov as, "regional avant-garde style that has Mediterranean roots". Pair the kitchen magic with one of the most celebrated wine cellars in Eastern Canada (Perennially recognized by Wine Spectator), and you'll soon understand why Bianca's has become as iconic as icebergs and whales to the fabric of Newfoundland dining. Whether a visitor or local, all agree, Bianca's is a destination not to be missed.
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Just had brunch at Bianca's and it was fabulous. They do such a great job of making you feel special. Today they had a complimentary fruit plate for the table and a very well thought out brunch menu. I had the lobster BLT that was served on a soft croissant and paired with fresh artisan greens salad. We also tried the French Toast and fish cakes and all was perfectly done. They were also serving bottomless mimosas which was wonderful. Great time and great experience once again.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Bianca is a nice and modern place to eat. Plates had a nice presentation and food quality was awesome.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

excelent food and service.Everything was perfect from free sampler appetizers on. Service was seamless, I as very impressed with the quality of the food and the level of service. I do recommend on you next visit in NL.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had dinner at Bianca's Saturday night was very impressed with the quality of the food and the level of service. My tenderloin was perfect. Lamb was probably the best I have ever tasted and everyone at my table was very impressed with the entire experience. Without a doubt the best restaurant meal I've had in many months. Oysters were fantastic as well!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went last night with a professional cook (retired). We're at the age now where we try to avoid eating too much which is always a problem at Bianca's because everything is always perfect. Same quiet efficient service as always. New waitress, lovely young thing. I had the salmon of course, over asparagus, snow peas, potato wedges.

What makes Bianca's really a cut above all others are the little complimentary touches like the beautiful warm breads and prepared butter; the complimentary starters which on our night was a Mango chicken Tartlet & basil pesto. Before our entree we were served a poached pear sorbet, candied walnuts in a balsamic reduction and basil cauliflower.

I have no idea where people get the idea that this restaurant is expensive as per comments of an earlier reviewer. I have eaten in pretty much every restaurant in the City and I find it one of the best values in the City.

It is always warm and comfortable, it is always quiet, the servers are not in your face every 2 minutes. I honestly don't know how it could be made better? Perhaps printing the daily additions to the menu or hot towels? But I am thinking that mist guests like this staff interaction.