“New menu wow factor!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bianca - CLOSED

Bianca
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: The Elegant Pantry
Description: While the burgeoning restaurant scene in St. John's has witnessed epic change during the past two decades, the one constant of culinary perfection is Bianca's on Water Street. The top notch kitchen amazes every lunch and evening with tantalizing menu items and daily features pulled from the chef's… penchant for turning fresh local ingredients to plated master pieces. The food style is best summed up by owner Bianca Tzanov as, "regional avant-garde style that has Mediterranean roots". Pair the kitchen magic with one of the most celebrated wine cellars in Eastern Canada (Perennially recognized by Wine Spectator), and you'll soon understand why Bianca's has become as iconic as icebergs and whales to the fabric of Newfoundland dining. Whether a visitor or local, all agree, Bianca's is a destination not to be missed.
“New menu wow factor!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Was at Bianca's last night with a group of local food lovers and it was my first time there since they launched a new menu.... One word WOW! Morroccan spiced lamb, milk fed veal chop, sausage stuffed bone in chicken... truly was impressive. Has been a couple of months since I've been there, but there is something very comfortable about the food there, sorta like a visit home, always dependable and consistent, and in my experiences never fails to impress. I really don't write many reviews but with all the new restaurants in St. John's, and the variety of choices, I thought it might be worthwhile to share my experience about this restaurant which has been a pioneer in true fine dining in St. John's for 20+ years and still puts out some of the best plates the city(and province) has to offer. If you haven't been there lately, so yourself a "flavour favour" rediscover Bianca's, it really is a local gem.

• Visited May 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Don't bother going”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Everyone raves about Bianca's so I gave the place two chances and was disappointed both times. The food and the service were lacklustre on both visits (even though it was not busy on either night). I've eaten in most of the restaurants in St. John's and I can assure you there are much better places to spend your money and your time.

• Visited October 2012
Sandra G, Manager at Bianca, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review here on Trip Advisor. We are very sadden to know that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant. We would like to discuss this further and get more details on your visit. Please contact us at biancas@nl.rogers.com.
St. John's
“Nearly excellent every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've been to this restaurant at least thirty times. The food is always excellent. Sometimes the service is slow, especially if they have a dinner lecture going on upstairs above the bar or down in the wine cellar. They can get overwhelmed. But the menu is always reliable. I love the shrimp and crab bisque so much that I hardly ever have anything else as an appetizer, unless I'm sharing an extra appetizer. And the main courses are invariably excellent with such staples as fresh catch of the day, rack of lamb, tenderloin, etc. I know that I'll have an excellent meal each time I come back. I also like the touch of the wine wall. No wine menu; instead, you go up to the wall and look at the bottles yourself to pick on out.

• Visited April 2013
Sandra G, Manager at Bianca, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you AmberUrth for being such a loyal customer and for taking the time to write a review. We certainly appreciate all comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
“Grossly Overpriced Valentine Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Bianca's on Valentine's day. While the food was tasty, the pricing was outrageous. There was a fixed menu costing $80/person excluding tax and tip for 3 courses. At this price I figured that my salad was $20, steak $50 and dessert $10. I don't see how this pricing can be justified.

Canada
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Foods really good, good service, romantic quiet atmosphere, maybe a bit overpriced, but I continue to return!

Visited August 2012