“Awesome General Tso chicken!”

New China Town Eatery
Ranked #147 of 371 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
St. John's, Canada
“Awesome General Tso chicken!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm pretty picky when it comes to Chinese food, but I was pleasantly surprised. I usually go for the higher rated Magic Wok Eatery, but it was closed one day so my boyfriend and I got take out from New China Town Eatery. I was skeptical because it's in a sketchy part of town, and the building looks old, but I was willing to give it a try because my boyfriend said it was clean. We did take out so to my knowledge the owners are also the chefs. They were really friendly and the food was delicious...I had just one of the combination meals with chicken balls (all white meat!), rice and beef & broccoli. We also ordered a side of General Tso chicken which was the best I have had anywhere in St. John's. All in all it was good food, reasonably priced and friendly staff.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Heather D

Ontario, Canada
“Best Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is by far the best Chinese food I have ever had. I am a regular customer here. The staff are very friendly and treat us like family. The specialty dishes are amazing. Everything here is very full of flavour.

NOTE: The address here for New China Town is incorrect. They have moved to 127 Campbell Avenue, St. John's, NL

• Visited December 2012
St. John's, Canada
“Varity of Food Good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have to say that the choices of food here is quit large and the variety excellent. The food was refreshed regularly and it was hot. Staff were very pleasent and the resturant was very clean.

Visited July 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Moved to 127 Campbell Ave. Best Chinese food in St. John's.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

Moved to 127 Campbell Ave. Best Chinese food in St. John's.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Chinese food in St...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

Best Chinese food in St. John's.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook