“Pretty good takeout”

Kenmount Restaurant
Ranked #247 of 386 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Ordered a load of "Canadian Chinese" for four people one evening to be picked-up on the way home from work. Pretty standard fare and everything seemed to have been prepared fresh and was reasonably tasty, but it was not ready when promised resulting in an approximately 15 minute wait. Note that they do not accept debit but they do take credit cards utilizing one of those old imprint machines.

2  Thank NLSteve

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was a bit hesitant at first to go here, because I never see any amount of cars in the parking lot. We've gone there three times since then.

It's quite a surprise when you go in. It is so different than other Chinese places I've gone. The pink and green wallpaper and matching curtains, suit the place. I love the ceiling tiles they have and the whole place reminds me of a 1920s - 1930s Asian restaurant. I like it.

The food is always fresh; fresh peppers, won tongs, noodles. The portion sizes are large! It is delicious, if not a bit on the saucy side. A bit pricey, but no more than any other Chinese restaurant.

For a quiet, private meal with good food, go here!

2  Thank redrosetea
Reviewed November 10, 2010

first off i'd like to say this restaurant is amazing, and the value, you just cant compare, me and my girlfriend, ( who is a vegetarian) try not to eat out much, but the two months we lived in st.johns we've been there twice. the buddahs delight was delicious and the ginger beef was just amazing, the service was pretty good, my only real complaint would be the music, annoying pop music playing over the radio detracts from the whole authentic Chinese experience but i would def. recomend to any chinese food lover

1  Thank pragmaticeel