“Friday Night ,start of George's Street festival .”
Review of Jack Astors

Jack Astors
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astors is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 383 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Didn't really expect to get in here late on a Friday , around 10 oc. But we did .
There was a great buzz on here .
Lots of people ,young and old ,out for the night .
We were shown quickly to a table ,
Great servers ,and staff .
Food was good , pasta ,fries ,cocktails and a great pint of Guinness.
Definitely will be back ,during day to check it out ,
Has outdoor deck for good days and nights .
Plenty of big screens for all the sports .
Stand back ,when the bartender ,starts throwing the drinks ,to the other end of the bar ,
They don't always get caught ,

Reviewed August 3, 2014

It is a new restaurant here in St John's and has a great little deck so my friend and I headed down for lunch today. The servers were friendly, no complaints there. They checked in on us to see if we needed anything periodically and even offered us sunscreen. The deck is really nice with a great view of the harbor. There are small tables for two and longer pub style tables with umbrellas over them as well for bigger groups. Drink menu seemed pretty good, not the cheapest around, but pretty standard, and had a good selection. I had a draft of Samuel Adams and was around $8.50 for a 22 ounce, but on a 30 degree day on a nice deck I am willing to pay that, lol. The food was just average, tasted good but didn't blow me away. I had the pulled pork and beef burger with a side of fries with an average price, around $14 bucks. My friend had the fajitas and she said they were good. Like I said, it was the lunch menu, cannot comment on the dinner menu. We basically wanted a place to kick back for a couple hours in the sun on a nice deck, drink a beer and have some cheap food and it was definitely enjoyable and I will return.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The service was great but the food was just okay. Small serving sizes and the taste was just ok. I'm not a fan of the tall tables and stools either, very uncomfortable for a shorter person.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Friday with 4 other people. Food was delicious. Service was fast. They forgot forks and kept bringing us the wrong food but honestly all in all it wasn't bad for a crazily busy evening. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've gone to JA twice since it opened and each experience was completely different. One good. One bad.

The food is all right - your usually pub/bar fare and I was pleasantly surprised that they had pad thai on the menu. It was a good, solid dish on the first visit. Good enough that I ordered it again on my second visit. Not so great the second time around - it was cold (they brought out our mains way too early) and the sauce was not mixed throughout evenly ensuring the noodles stuck together in a big lump.

The nachos were very tasty, although they did mess up the omissions I asked for. I find this is usual at these kinds of chain restaurants with inexperienced kitchen staff. Service is also similar to other places in town - being hit or miss depending on who you get.

Mainly, it's an ok place if you don't expect too much.