“Great service, lousy entrees”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza
Ranked #78 of 371 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Bar, Italian, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. John's, Newfoundland
“Great service, lousy entrees”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just ate at the Boston Pizza on Kelsey, the server was great and attentive.

The food was 30 mins to arrive (during lunchtime on a weekday). We had pizza that was undercooked, the cheese was still shredded and not melted plus cold in places. Also, we had the "Salmon" dinner. I use quotations as it was dry, obviously frozen (told by server it was from away somewhere) and tasted really old. Will NEVER order again. $100 later and felt ripped off.

Nice place for a laugh and pizza. BAD place for those who dont want something deep fried or greasy.

• Visited October 2012

Twillingate, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was there in a short time, it was hot and delicious, the waitress was friendly and efficient. all in all it was an excellent experience. my friends and I enjoyed our meal out, and had a wonderful time.

• Visited October 2012
St. John's, Canada
“kids love it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The food is just average. It can be a long wait if its busy so order quickly. I wouldnt' bother with it as much but my niece and nephew love the kids menu and the fun kids drinks.

Visited September 2012
Calgary
“Boston Pizza Destroyed My iPhone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Last month I had lunch with friends at Boston Pizza on Kelsey Drive. The waitress who was apparently also a supervisor spilled a beer on my iPhone and completely ruined my device. Right after the incident I showed her how my phone was losing signal and displaying “No Service” then all of a sudden coming back to full signal. I told her I would give it a few days and hopefully when it dried out it would be working fine. I waited 3 days and it still was not working. I contacted the restaurant by phone and spoke with the assistant manager Jennifer. I explained to her how my phone was still not working after 3 days and that I did not want to get the waitress in trouble but I had no other choice. She was very apologetic and told me not to worry, Boston Pizza would never have an employee pay for something like this and that she would leave a note for the restaurant manager Leigh Phillips and told me that most likely they would cover the cost of my phone. The next day I phoned again and spoke with Jennifer and then with Leigh. She told me she had to talk to the franchisee and she would get back to me as soon as possible as I was flying back to Calgary the next day. Later that night I started getting calls from the waitress saying she was sorry and what not, which I thought was very unprofessional since I was dealing with the manager. I guess the managers told her to call me as there would be no other way for her to get my phone number. Once back home I took my phone to the Apple Store and had one of the techs do a diagnostic test. He was able to verify that my phone was basically ruined and that the liquid damage had voided my warranty. I called Leigh and told her what I had found out. She was very rude all of a sudden and basically saying that if I was getting a new phone that the waitress would be paying for it, and that nobody would want that to happen. She was being very unprofessional and extremely disrespectful. After this phone conversation I asked her to email me the Area Managers contact info to which she refused and gave me the email address for the franchisee. I had to go through Boston Pizzas head office in Ontario to get the Area Managers contact info. I finally got in contact with him. The situation has not gotten any better. It has been over a month now and nothing has been done. They have just ignored the situation all together. This “management team” is completely unprofessional and has turned me against going into any Boston Pizza location ever again. If this is the way they treat customers I would not want to spend another cent at any of their locations since the Area Manager has done nothing about this either. I have never been so disgusted with the amateur approach to resolving a negative customer experience.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Michael B
Newfoundland, Canada
“Not up to expectation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Had lunch there yesterday and had to wait for a booth to be cleaned before being seated even though it was not busy and after the lunch rush. Ordered a hamburger and asked the waitress if they had Malt Vinegar. She didn't know what it was and asked it I wanted white if they didn't have it. She went to look and never returned with the vinegar or an answer. Fries were under cooked and not crispy. Staff were washing down the blinds while we were eating lunch.

• Visited September 2012